Alonzo Mourning Gets a New Kidney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alonzo Mourning Gets a New Kidney

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just wanted everyone to see this. As you already know, Zo has been battling this thing for 3.5 years. And he recently had to retire from basketball because of it. But now Alonzo Mourning has found a donor. :) He's a good man. And while this doesn't mean he's out of the woods (his body could reject the kindey), it just makes me happy.

Zo Finds A Donor

That's good to hear. I know a lot of guys on here were pissed that he left the Heat, but I have always thought of him as one of the good guys in the league. I hope this transplant is successful.

I agree - he's a good guy. And I'm happy he's getting a kidney. It just seems to me that so many good people are on transplant lists, waiting, perhaps, for years for a new organ. However, celebrities seem to get theirs quicker. Look at Joe DiMaggio. He was in the hospital in Hollywood that my mother works at and he only went on the transplant list 3 days before he got his lung transplant for his cancer - set aside the fact that he was already too far gone to make it.

Zo hasn't been on the transplant list very long either. Anyway, just speculation.

God Bless him and his family. Hope he doesn't reject it.

Hate to piss on peoples parades, but his celebrity most definately helped him beat out people more needing, and who have been waiting longer. Not something to really be rejoicing about.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Hate to piss on peoples parades, but his celebrity most definately helped him beat out people more needing, and who have been waiting longer. Not something to really be rejoicing about.

very true...Micky mantle & Sean elliot are two other examples

One of his FAMILY MEMBERS came forward and was a match. Does that constitute skipping ahead in line?? I don't think so. He's not stealing anyone else's kidney. Who's to say that I can't donate my kidney to my dying brother/sister/mother/father/whomever if I so choose??

Nobody.

Maybe in this case a celebrity didn't get special treatment but it does happen. My prayers go to Mourning but also to every day people who in same cases are rejected b/c wealthy/famous people jump ahead on lists.

Sweetness didnt....I dunno if he tried to jump ahead or decided to be fair and wait like everyone else....but...

he died :(

:)

I'm happy for Zo. He's my all-time favorite Heat player, and it stunk to see his game diminish because of a kidney diesase.

Back
Top Bottom