Alot of our coverage problems have to be coaching related | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of our coverage problems have to be coaching related

cnyphinfan

Starter
Reaction score
I know coaching is a hot topic right now, and while I think that Saban is going to turn this around and be a great coach in the NFL, I have to question his decisions in the secondary. I don't know how you can not put your best DB on the best WR all the time. We did not do that against any teams this year. Sam is our best DB and he was not the one that was getting beat like a dog by Galloway. In fact the only play that I saw Madison on Galloway was the short pass that he made a great play on and broke up the pass. Every other catch for a first down and the touchdown had Daniels on Galloway. Saban is not moving Madison to have him matchup against the best WR and while I know that is because they play zone part of the time, when they go to man, he has got to put Madison on the biggest threat. Instead Madison stays on his side of the field and the offense just moves their biggest threat over to the other side and burns us all day long. This game would have been much worse if Griese had not gotten knocked out of the game. This philosophy had alot to do with why we lost to the Jets, who got the game going by Coles burning Daniels for a TD early; why we should have lost to the Panthers, who used Steve Smith all day long to consistently run by and around Daniels, Howard, etc.; a good part of why we lost to the Bills - who got the points that made the difference when Moulds again scored on Daniels; and a big reason why Tampa Bay jumped out so early on us yesterday. We were lucky against Denver, because Plummer had an awful day. Otherwise, every game could have been a loss because of Saban's refusal to always put Madison on the biggest threat at WR!!

C'mon Saban! Take away their best WR and let someone else beat us! Use Madison to shut down one player on offense for the whole game!

Back
Top Bottom