Alot of Top Talent Dropping | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of Top Talent Dropping

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guys this years combine has had a case of the dropping stock. Guys like Michael Crabtree, Andre Smith, Rey Maualaga, Laurinatis and Michael Jankins have dropped in stock and now seem like mid rounders to late rounders. Offcourse Im happy because the chance of good player dropping to else increases, but does this mean that this Draft is not as talented as once thought to be.

Guys this years combine has had a case of the dropping stock. Guys like Michael Crabtree, Andre Smith, Rey Maualaga, Laurinatis and Michael Jankins have dropped in stock and now seem like mid rounders to late rounders. Offcourse Im happy because the chance of good player dropping to else increases, but does this mean that this Draft is not as talented as once thought to be.

Possibly, but I think it's more of people reading a little TOO much into a performance in shorts and a T-shirt. I don't think you can really drop any of those 5 out of the top one or two spots at their respective positions other than Andre Smith.

Keep in mind these guys are dropping for a reason. Injuries certainly may be a concern with Crabtree, and others. If Malcolm Jenkins is dropping because he can't run a 4.49 but a 4.52 thats one thing, but i'm not sure i want players with chronic injury problems either.

Guys move up and guys move down...I don't think it means this is a weak draft. Many guys are "workout freaks" like Ghoulson of Ohio State last year.....just because someone looks good working out or at the Combine, doesn't mean they will look good out on the football field. I think effort and desire counts just as much. That's why I think a LB like McKillop of Pitt is just as good, if not better, than a Laurinaitis who has been hyped up for the last 3-4 years. I am not an Ohio State hater, either, but sometimes certain schools tend to pump up their players a little too much.

Andre Smith will be dropping and Maualaga will be dropping as well. Maualaga is now being reported to have a torn hamstring and now there are rumors of teams questioning his decision making....

People drop every yr due to injury, thats how Merling slid to us in rd. 2 last year.

none are gonna be mid round picks. A lot of it also has to do with how they do during their pro days and private workouts.

Merling fell because he couldn't work out until a week before the draft; where he was 290+ over 20 lbs heavier than he was at Clemson.

Some could fall to round 2 or maybe 3 (like Little Animal), but none are taking a huge hit to the undrafted realm.

Andre Smith will take a huge hit though because he just left without telling anybody. A lot of teams go to the combine mainly for the interviews. If you don't interview well, you can drop like a rock. Look at Ko Simpson. He was a first round lock, but he completely bombed the interviews and fell to BUffalo in round 4.

Not saying the combine isn't important because it is, but the best teams are more interested in the interviews and the position drills than the 40's and the bench.

none are gonna be mid round picks. A lot of it also has to do with how they do during their pro days and private workouts.

Merling fell because he couldn't work out until a week before the draft; where he was 290+ over 20 lbs heavier than he was at Clemson.

Some could fall to round 2 or maybe 3 (like Little Animal), but none are taking a huge hit to the undrafted realm.

Andre Smith will take a huge hit though because he just left without telling anybody. A lot of teams go to the combine mainly for the interviews. If you don't interview well, you can drop like a rock. Look at Ko Simpson. He was a first round lock, but he completely bombed the interviews and fell to BUffalo in round 4.

Not saying the combine isn't important because it is, but the best teams are more interested in the interviews and the position drills than the 40's and the bench.

you are exagerating how much these guys will fall WAY to much. i doubt any of them make it to us, except animal

come'on man! 3rd round.

How does a 246 lbs. TE out run most of the CB and almost all the safety class in the 40 yard dash. And he pulled his hamstring doing it.

Draft Jared Cook to play WR.

I've Always Thought This Draft To Be Average To Poor

I've Always Thought This Draft To Be Average To Poor and the Combine results are proof. Usually you get a lot of guys who raise their stock at the Combine, this year you have a lot of guys whose stock are dropping. There are too many questions about the RBs, WRs, LBs, OTs, CBs, DLs, Safeties, and even the Centers.

I say, regardless of needs, pick the best player available in the first round or trade back or out of the first round then pick for need in the second round.

I just hope we pick up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. The likelihood of picking up a WR later than that who will turn out to be any good is very very slim.

Back
Top Bottom