Already? Week 6 Guru Predictions... Put your crystal balls where your mouth is. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Already? Week 6 Guru Predictions... Put your crystal balls where your mouth is.

Originally posted by REAL DEAL
FINS 26
DENVER 20
Field goals will be big in this game I think.

Let's just hope Mare is up to the challenge. I close my eyes everytime he lines up to kick now.

:monkey: BRONCOS

Miami-31
Denver-19

I expect Jay to come out throwing, and succeding. Then Ricky will run loose in the 4th to seal the game. Go fins!

I predicted a Pats win last week...I have to go with the fins even though my man Miguel is always right :hail: and he's picking the Broncos..I think our D will step it up again...
Phins 24
Broncos 20

:band:

If this was a four o'clock game, I would have to go with the Broncos but, Miami always plays good on Sunday nights. I think the national stage is going to be a proving ground for the Dolphins to show that the KC game was a fluke. The defense is going to get some TO's and Fiedler and Konrad and McMichael are going to be the stars on offense. RW will provide the tough yards when needed and kill the clock in the end. Miami will pull out the win.

Miami 27
Denver 24

HEADLINE: DENVERS OFFENSE IS NOT THAT GOOD!

Yes their defense has kept them in games, but the Ravens really exploited their weak offense. Their lines do not match up with ours.

This will be adominant Dolphin victory. A statement game.

Miami: 31

Denver:10

Ricky goes for 140
Jay throws for 250 three TDs
Defense gets 5 sacks. yes I said 5.

See you afterward to gloat.

Denver's offense is very good man.

I haven't picked against us all year, but if I were to put money on this game, I would pick Denver straight up.

Miami 23
Denver 27

Ricky: 121 yards, 2 TD's
Fiedler: 210 yards, 0 TD's 2 INT's
Chambers: 6 rec. 87 yds. 0 TD's

Portis: 96 yards, 1 TD
Griese: 302 yards, 2 TD's 2 INT's
Sharpe: 104 yards, 1 TD
McCaffrey: 97 yards, 1 TD

The two teams here are so evenly matched it's stupifing. What many of us are forgetting here are the intangibles working in favor of Denver. They're playing at home, they're playing in the thin air, they're playing in the cold. What would have been a CLOSE Dolphins win at home shifts to a CLOSE Broncos win at Denver. Jason Elam kicks like a madman in the thin air, and in the end he'll put us away with a game winner.

Dolphins 21 (Ricky runs for a goal line score, Fiedler throws one to Gadsden, Fiedler throws one to McMichael)
Broncos 23 (Portis and Smith both score, with Elam booming 3 field goals)

I seriously hope I'm wrong about this one...

you are.. mare's leg will work just as good in the thin air..
Fins 30
Goats 19

Ricky 150 total yards 1 td rec 1 td rush
McMicheal 90 yards 1 td
Fiedler 190 yds 2 td 1 int

Originally posted by watermock
You guys wore out Williams last week.

Certainly Miami Fans of heard of someone name Clinton.

Too much home field and the Phins haven't seen a DL this stout.

Unless Denver turns the ball over, this game won't be as close as the score. 30-24 Denver.

Which Clinton is this Bill or Hilliary!!!

finz/bronc's............

BRECKENBRIDGE55: hey, whats this feidler throws 2 pics and no td's? i thought you were one of the feidler faithfull? isn't he joe montana? our hero? a shure fire first ballot hall of famer? what gives here?

ok, anyhoo................

everything screams broncos in this game, so i gotta go with miami. we have always matched up good with them, outside the playoff blowout, plus we have a legit run game.

FINZ: 27

DONKY DICKS: 17

i know with all the broncos great against the run hooey that a lot of people think we should come out and throw all over the broncos, but the more i think about it, to beat good teams onm the road, you run and play defense, you don't show up with jay feidler and throw. i think were gonna run on these boyz!!!

Miami 24 Denver 17 ...no reasn just sounds about right for these offenses and defences I suppose. Mare will miss one field goal.

Even Dan and Montana had some off games...Fiedler could throw 2 pics and no TD's...
Does that mean Breck doesnt like him or think hes very good ?? no ?? He might be having an off day in the Denver snow or against a pumped up Denver Team...
AND Clayton man you've picked the Jets and The Patsies against the Fins...:down:

Please quote me on when i said he was a hall-of-famer and the next dan. I never recall saying anything close than that. Hell, I've never even said he was a top 5 quarterback and don't tell me that all of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league now are better than dan ever was. Calm your titties man. Stop acting like I think he is god because he isn't. And stop putting words in my mouth.

Denver's defense is by far much more superior than anyone we have played thus far. I think we will get down early and that will force Jay to make throws. No quarterback does well when forced to pass, except for Brett Favre. Denver will give us a run for our money. Besides, I just threw them numbers out anyways. I didn't take 3 hours to come up with a perfect prediction.

OK... Checking out the matchup stats here: http://www.nfl.com/matchups/last5/MIA-OVERALL-matchup.htm
...trying to find numbers that jump out at me either way...

Before the looking at these stats I was going to Pick against the Phins for the first time this year. Mainly because the stats are very even in most ways, leaving homefield advatage being the only edge for either team. (Also, I don't want to pick against Sporstguy).

However, after looking at the matchup for a while, one stat jumped out at me:

Sacks Allowed:
Miami 5
Denver 17

This tells me that they are 3 times more vulnerable to the pass rush than us. And if you put too much pressure on him, Brian will make mistakes (sometimes without pressure). With Surtain back, that stat alone was almost enough to sway my decision.

Now add to it this stat...

Pics:
Miami Defense 9
Denver Defense 4

The Phins D generates and/or takes advantage of opposing QB mistakes more than twice as much as Denver.

And lastly..

Points Scored:
Miami 156
Denver 124

32 more points over 5 games than Denver... Yet Miami's D has only allowed 2 more points then Denver's.

So now that I see all things aren't even, (advantage miami) I am picking the Phins...

Miami 31-18
Ricky rushes for 111 yds.

Back
Top Bottom