Alright, Spielmen, make it happen already | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alright, Spielmen, make it happen already

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
With Eli Threatening to sit, and the Chargers looking like they'll have to trade the first pick in the draft just got a lot cheaper. Package O-gun, and 2 firsts to sniff SD out, and then at the last minute slip Jay through the door! 2 birds with 1 stone, franchise QB, and get rid of a 2nd stringer in 1st stringer clothing.

It's my hope that Rick S really shows us how prepared and aggressive he can be in the Draft rounds 1-5.
I hope he works some magic that makes us all smile.

lol, i know i know, but man it'd make my season knowing Eli was waiting in the wings if AJ stumbled :D

Its been a long time since Miami had a great draft! Could it be this year and will Spielman endear himself to Dolfin fans everywhere?

OneHondo said:
Its been a long time since Miami had a great draft! Could it be this year and will Spielman endear himself to Dolfin fans everywhere?

Honestly, IMO if he does it right, and really makes some impressive moves (trades) and selections he could become the most powerful person in the organization after this weekend. Whenever there is a void of power in an organization like what we have now, anyone stepping up their performance and leadership will emerge in a big way. RS has his chance Saturday and Sunday.

It would take the Giants giving up the 4th, their second, and Ike Hilliard. What on earth makes you think that they would do it for 20 and Ogun?

I see some guys have been to fantasyland lately...lol Anyway, I think Rick will do good with what he has. Only 2 picks on day one so we'll see what kind of deal he can pull. If he can come up with a WR,o-lineman and a DT on day one(of course by moving down)then we'd have to give him some props imo.I'm hoping for a combo of Evans/Clarke/Askew/Snee/Jenkins/Woods/Starks....any combo of 3 of those players at WR,DT and o-line and I'd feel like I'm in fantasyland myself.

Ozzy rules!!

My point to all this best draft thing is how will you guys know if it's a good draft or not, until they start playing, the only thing you can go on right now is the pecking order of the sports writers and the hyped machines of the media, But no one really knows how good the Dolphins draft will be until the playing begins because we pick so far down the round and no 2nd rounder..we won't be picking the creme of the so called media crop. So unless you've done the homework of our GM, you may not know the names of the players we get this weekend.

Phinzone said:
With Eli Threatening to sit, and the Chargers looking like they'll have to trade the first pick in the draft just got a lot cheaper. Package O-gun, and 2 firsts to sniff SD out, and then at the last minute slip Jay through the door! 2 birds with 1 stone, franchise QB, and get rid of a 2nd stringer in 1st stringer clothing.

That trade would never happen. SD would never accept a deal like that for the #1 pick, and we probably would never offer that either.

I started to make a comment about RS working out something for Eli, but at the same time I was busting Eli for being a whiney crybaby....Guess I can't have it both ways...

The Bolts don't want Eli anyways, they want Rivers....Marty sees a reincarnated Bernie Kosar in him, and I like Rivers a lot, but he is not as cerebral as Kosar is on his worst day....I still see them trading down with NY and everyone being happy...

Fins2theend said:
It would take the Giants giving up the 4th, their second, and Ike Hilliard. What on earth makes you think that they would do it for 20 and Ogun?
they have to get rid of the pick, maybe they want to stick it to Eli and make sure he lands in Arizona :lol: . Plus they would get to screw the Giants while they're at it :evil: . With the 20th they would still get to draft Rivers, and they keep their 2nd round pick for a decent receiver. we did get Boston for a 6th round and 'Toasty'. com'n Speilman, do your used car salesman routine, get it done.

Back
Top Bottom