Alshon Jeffery's Character Concerns; Debunking the Myth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alshon Jeffery's Character Concerns; Debunking the Myth

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
By Matt Miller (Senior NFL Draft Lead Writer) on April 11, 2012

It's a phrase that invokes four-letter-word-like trauma in the minds of NFL draft fans, analysts and even the men making the decision on draft day. But what does it really mean?
Saying a player has "character concerns" has become a blanket statement for an off-field problem. Michael Vick has character concerns. Warren Sapp had character concerns. But Alshon Jeffery?
The South Carolina wide receiver has been unfairly tagged with the dreaded label—and I'm out to uncover why he's carrying the scarlet letter while the consensus top two wide receivers in the 2012 NFL draft class are not.
Jeffery's crime wasn't alcohol related. He hasn't fathered multiple children with different women. He allegedly played overweight—that's it.
AlshonJeffreyIsFat_original-1.jpg
Jeffery, shown on the left wearing No. 1, in a preseason photo for Sports Illustrated
Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon is widely considered the top wide receiver in this class. Blackmon comes in as the No. 3 wide receiver on my own big board, but what you won't hear on ESPN or other draft outlets is that Blackmon has a character concern of his own.
Read more:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...myth-of-character-concerns-and-alshon-jeffery

My only concern is with his weight....it seems to fluctuate a great deal and you worry when a kid gets money that he might start to balloon up like JaMarcus Russell, the Raider's QB a few years back. Jeffrey looked the size of a Tight End in a game late in the year. I think he showed up at his pro day around 215 pounds, which at least shows he is willing to drop the weight and get in shape if he has to.

"He allegedly played overweight—that's it."

Take a look at #1 in that picture. There is nothing "alleged" about it. And as far as "that's it."... Isn't that enough? We could have the 1st WR in the NFL nicknamed "biscuit"- because he's a "biscuit under 250 lb"!!!!

Not a big deal to me.

Just write weight clauses in his contract, he shows up fat he loses money. Shows up in shape he makes money.

Back
Top Bottom