always pick in 2's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

always pick in 2's

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
we have picked 2 cb's, and 2 wr's a couple years ago and lb's last year. this year i think we pick 2 rb's before the 5th and bring in some undrafted guys in. lex isnt going to cut it being the long term answer as our number 2 guy.
we may even go after 2 qbs, and we all know there will be some oline mixed in unless the new cba is reached, and we can grab some vets from fa (which imo would be the way to go.
but like everyone else i think this will be a big offensive draft and going after specialty players rb, a wr, and qb.
Speed is key
thoughts?

We did it last year with Carroll and Jones in round 5. (Carroll was like a Sean Smith type of prospect . . .CB with safety ability). Also Spitler and McCoy. We did it with Turner and Hartline, with Smith and Davis, with Hilliard and Parmalee and with Merling and Langford . . . we do it twice every draft, so this one wouldn't suprise me to see once or twice as well.

I definitely think we could do this at QB and/or RB . . . especially if one of these positions are addressed in round 1.

Dark horse position would be OLB to pick in 2's.

Mark Ingram and DeMarco Murray???? That would be the sickest dynamic dual they complement each other perfectly.

we have picked 2 cb's, and 2 wr's a couple years ago and lb's last year. this year i think we pick 2 rb's before the 5th and bring in some undrafted guys in. lex isnt going to cut it being the long term answer as our number 2 guy.
we may even go after 2 qbs, and we all know there will be some oline mixed in unless the new cba is reached, and we can grab some vets from fa (which imo would be the way to go.
but like everyone else i think this will be a big offensive draft and going after specialty players rb, a wr, and qb.
Speed is key
thoughts?

Excellent post and I agree with you completely! :up:

I believe it would be a good approach. :hclap:

Let's examine history.

DE - Kendall Langford, Phillip Merling, Lionel Dotson

OG - Shawn Murphy, Donald Thomas

RB - Lex Hilliard, Jalen Parmele

CB - Vontae Davis, Sean Smith

WR - Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline

LB - Koa Misi, AJ Edds, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler

So, if history has taught us anything about this regime it's two things. One, they love to double up on one position. Two, each of their three drafts a Big 10 player has been selected with the first pick. Food for thought.

Very true hmm lets see big ten players this year are Wisniewski, Cameron Heyward, Ricky Stanzi, Scott Tolzien, Lance Kendricks, Mikel Leshoure, John Clay, Tandon Doss, Gabe Carimi, John Moffit, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, Martez Wilson, so chances are we'll be targeting Carimi, Leshoure, Wisniewski, and Lance Kendricks with our top 2 picks.
Let's examine history.

DE - Kendall Langford, Phillip Merling, Lionel Dotson

OG - Shawn Murphy, Donald Thomas

RB - Lex Hilliard, Jalen Parmele

CB - Vontae Davis, Sean Smith

WR - Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline

LB - Koa Misi, AJ Edds, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler

So, if history has taught us anything about this regime it's two things. One, they love to double up on one position. Two, each of their three drafts a Big 10 player has been selected with the first pick. Food for thought.

If they trade down, very good chance of going Big 10 cornfed once again (Carimi)

Mark Ingram and DeMarco Murray???? That would be the sickest dynamic dual they complement each other perfectly.

Would be a nice due, although I feel the better double up would be Mark Ingram and Jacquizz Rodgers. Ingram with the 1st rounder, and Jacquizz with the 3rd rounder. Hopefully if we can trade down the first and still get Ingram pick up a O line, or WR/TE option with the second.

Obviously theres better options at RB than Jacquizz but Ingram will most likely be the future back and possible a 3 down back, with Jacquizz playing the slasher/pass option RB like Darren Sproles, no need for 2 power backs.

Or possibly waiting till 5-6th round for Noel Devine out of WV or Derrick Locke out of Kentucky, both small scat backs. Would be a good combo with Ingram.

We essentially already have our 3rd/4th down power punch RB with Polite.

Also come to think on it, drafting either Jacquizz, Devine or Locke would solve our KR/PR problem, all run a mid 4.3 40 allowing us to draft a PURE WR with the 2nd rounder. I've seen alot of talk about drafting a WR/KR when what we really need is a PURE WR.

If the draft a QB in the first round, then I'd almost bet the house that they'll take a second QB in the later rounds. I seriously doubt they're talking to the Kaepernik or Enderle types thinking they'll be the only QB drafted.

I'm starting to get the feeling that with our first round pick we're going to end up with either Newton, Gabbert, or Mallett. Whether that involves moving up or down remains to be seen.

Its just a hunch.

I hope we get Newton, the only jersey i see him in is in a Dolphin uniform.
If the draft a QB in the first round, then I'd almost bet the house that they'll take a second QB in the later rounds. I seriously doubt they're talking to the Kaepernik or Enderle types thinking they'll be the only QB drafted.

I'm starting to get the feeling that with our first round pick we're going to end up with either Newton, Gabbert, or Mallett. Whether that involves moving up or down remains to be seen.

Its just a hunch.

Trade down and still select Mallett in round 1.
Then with a later pick get Andy Dalton or perhaps that Kapernick kid or whatever his name is from Nevada.

Profit.

Back
Top Bottom