Am I being to negative or is this possibly gonna be a bad season coming ahead? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I being to negative or is this possibly gonna be a bad season coming ahead?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I know you guys are thinking its a negative post but as a dolphin fan I don't feel too energetic or have high hopes with this coaching staff that has been a part of our failures. This season they decide to have the offensive line as a priority when it should have been one a while ago and that kinda bothers be a bit but I am glad that the team is taking a different aproach. As for Wanny and his staff, while they are knowledgeable about the game and I respect hem as people, I just dont see us taking a step ahead anytime soon. Our competitors in the afc seem to be much more competitive than our team right now and we can make all the moves in the world and fill in positions but deep inside a change we needed to address was our coaching.

Sometimes players just need to hear a new voice you know. I mean literally all these rumors may not be true but I doubt a free agent would want to play in this team because they don't devote themselves to winning when it really matters and the problems start with our coaching. We aren't making the right decisions during games or taking any chances because they just don't have enough faith or believe any our offensive players can create something thus leaving the defense to take care of the game when sometimes its too much for them. The only thing I can ask this off-season is nothing more than an improvement coaching and a more set of stable linemen. As for the draft, I hope Spielman makes the right decision.

Besides fixing the OL the Dolphins are going to need some quality depth at WR and LB.

well, i wouldnt mind going 6-10 to get rid of Wanny and get a real stud in here. But here is my thoughts on why that wont happen:

1) Ogunleye will give us power one way or the other in the draft or continueing to be with this team
2) New coaching staff in Collier trestman sullivan will do wonders, i have doubts about collier as far as being a wanny guy and still handcuffing the offense though but collier said he wants to be more like new englands offense.
3) whether anyone likes it or not, we have two very capable QB's to win ball games. Having a new offense will be advantageous to us becuase other than Ricky, they will get a big dose of surprise. In other words, we will use our WR's once we draft one in this draft. It was obvious to me that chambers wasnt used correctly in the first half of the season. once Jay came in and saved the washington game, norv had the confidence to start going over the middle to chambers/mcmicheal (why the hell did he wait so long?)bottom line: no film to watch on Feeley/new passing game

my prediction will be 10-6. buffalo will not get better with winfield gone and they are not going to have that many changes. New England will have a tougher time with us and i think the jets are going to be the only ones who will improve cus of Pennington injury. I think we still beat them though unless they get a WR that just takes them to town. but Moss took 3 years to arrive and so will another IMO. If they go LB or DB, i think we could still take them.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I know you guys are thinking its a negative post but as a dolphin fan I don't feel too energetic or have high hopes with this coaching staff that has been a part of our failures. This season they decide to have the offensive line as a priority when it should have been one a while ago and that kinda bothers be a bit but I am glad that the team is taking a different aproach. As for Wanny and his staff, while they are knowledgeable about the game and I respect hem as people, I just dont see us taking a step ahead anytime soon. Our competitors in the afc seem to be much more competitive than our team right now and we can make all the moves in the world and fill in positions but deep inside a change we needed to address was our coaching.

Sometimes players just need to hear a new voice you know. I mean literally all these rumors may not be true but I doubt a free agent would want to play in this team because they don't devote themselves to winning when it really matters and the problems start with our coaching. We aren't making the right decisions during games or taking any chances because they just don't have enough faith or believe any our offensive players can create something thus leaving the defense to take care of the game when sometimes its too much for them. The only thing I can ask this off-season is nothing more than an improvement coaching and a more set of stable linemen. As for the draft, I hope Spielman makes the right decision.

I hear ya bro. I think we will do ok this season. But I think our superbowl hopes are slim to none. This coaching staff (mainly wanny) doesn't have what it takes to get us deep into the playoffs. So far judging by what we've done regarding personnel, and I know it's way too early to be making predictions. But from our progress so far, I think we will squeak into the playoffs with a wildcard this year at best.

I think we're doing fairly well. Most of the free agent signings so far have been outrageously overpriced. We may not be doing it willingly, but it seems Spielman is following the Patriot Plan: don't go nuts on free agents, look at smart players from winning organizations, focus on youth and energy, keep your salary cap in decent shape. For the money spent, I'd definitely take Jeno James and Reggie Howard over Damien Woody and Antoine Winfield.

I'm bummed about missing out on Woody and Tait, but this may be a good thing. If we get MacIntosh and a guard for less money than we would have paid one of those guys, our line should be plenty solid. And all we need is a decent line, it doesn't have to be spectacular.

0-16 for sure.

Oliver...

Offence:

If we can continue to repair our O-line, which I think we are doing well right now, it will have a very positive influence on rickys running game. That combined with drafting a WR to compliment Chamber might open for some passing.
All im worried about is our QB situation. All this "anyone but Fiedler" has pushed us into taking a chance that wasn't necessary.

Defence: Im not worried about our D =).

I think we will do well this year. And if not, we get rid of Wannie, so it's a win win situation =).

I hate when i have to read stuff like this. True i am one of the "positive thinking" fans... but NO ONE KNOWS how this season will turn out!! We could be 1-15 or 15-1. YOu just dont know! I have been very satisified with the changes so far (as far as the team goes) I was upset that Dave was still here but with him not making personnel decisions, makes me feel better about the whole thing. I dont think Dave is a GREAT coach but i also dont think he is horrible. Im just waiting to see how the offseason plays out and then the regular season will play out the way it suppose to play out. But to sit here and already say, we are going to go 10-6, our superbowl hopes are slim to none.. we are going to have a horrible season, its just plain stupid. NO ONE KNOWS!!!!!!!

We've already improved by removing Man-Tits, and Killadrive from this team.

From a Bills fans prespective..... you guys will be competative with any team, but its going to be hard to make the playoffs in this Divison.

I tend to worry about the Dolphins from a mental stand point. I think they are talented in many ways. On defense there are a lot of great individual players, however, whenever their backs are against the wall they crumble and start the finger pointing. As much as I like and respect Zach Thomas I feel he needs to think before expressing his frustrations everytime negatives happen. He needs to lead not plant more negative seeds in the heads of the younger players. The Dolphins will always be solid, but if they expect to take the next step they have to be mentally tougher. That needs to start with the coaching staff's expectation. If a player is not mentally tough send him packing despite his talents.

We're DOOMED...DOOMED, I tell you...;)

...Really, I am looking forward to my 10th year as a Finz ticket holder...

So you're saying Chicago and Detroit are more dedicated to winning and have a better coaching situation?

Back
Top Bottom