Am I missing something???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I missing something????

Originally posted by PhinKev
Way to early to be talking about tie breakers. We just need to win. You have to beat the bad teams and KC may have a great running game, but they are not close to a playoff team.

We need this one. Can't ever give away the ones you should win. Every game is vital. One more win last year and things may have been very different for us and the Patriots.

If division games are more important to us now, then tiebreakers are important to us now, because... that's the only reason why division games are more important than the rest, technically.

I agree the team should aim to win this (whatever the next one happens to be) game, and that's just what they look prepared to do!

Yeah, if we could have won at least one of those Jets games and/or the second Pats game we would probably have been the division champs. I don't think we would have won the Superbowl.

Go, Dolphins!

Let's put it this way. Kansas City has what could be the best offense in the AFC. Their defense is probably the worst. But, who says you need defense to win games. St. Louis won the Super Bowl in 1999 with the same coach, the same scheme, the same type of key players (Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes), and the same defense (like the worse in the NFL). But, they still won the Super Bowl. Yes, the Chiefs may not have Isaac Bruce, but they have Tony Gonzalez who is their own version of a great wide receiver. Their o-line is also better than the 1999 Rams' o-line was. The Chiefs o-line this year is argueably the best in the NFL. The only difference is at quarterback. And although Trent Green can be awful at times. He has also show signs that are Kurt Warner esque. Watch out.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Let's put it this way. Kansas City has what could be the best offense in the AFC. Their defense is probably the worst. But, who says you need defense to win games. St. Louis won the Super Bowl in 1999 with the same coach, the same scheme, the same type of key players (Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes), and the same defense (like the worse in the NFL). But, they still won the Super Bowl. Yes, the Chiefs may not have Isaac Bruce, but they have Tony Gonzalez who is their own version of a great wide receiver. Their o-line is also better than the 1999 Rams' o-line was. The Chiefs o-line this year is argueably the best in the NFL. The only difference is at quarterback. And although Trent Green can be awful at times. He has also show signs that are Kurt Warner esque. Watch out.

Actually the year St. Louis won it all, their defense was very good. It was one of the top 10 in the league.

In 1999, when St. Louis won the Super Bowl, their defense was one of the best in the league, it was easily top 10. In 2000, their defense was one of the worst in the league, and because of this they barely made it to the playoffs and lost in the first round. In 2001, their defense was back in the top 10 (maybe even top 5) and guess what? They went to the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Hellion

Exactly my point and thats the question wcoastfin was asking when he started this thread.
The so called experts that are picking the Chiefs are doing so because of the so called "trap" game for Miami.

To awnser InFinSible,
"Trap game or not.....if we lose we won't be fighting for the division lead next week.... Of course San Diego might beat the Patsies this week but right now we control our own fate, the motivation should be to keep it that way."

I never said the motivation shouldn't be on KC this weak, I was just giving my opinion on why some experts are picking against the Dolphins. I don't think that they think the Chiefs are better but Miami may have a let down, they could also being using the spread and feel Miami may win the game but not cover the spread.

I was just trying to hammer home the "why they are wrong" point. ;)

Back
Top Bottom