Am I the only one flipping out about Channing Crowder? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one flipping out about Channing Crowder?

South Florida said:
This kid is young and ridiculously talented.

If we can keep his knees together he'll be a very special player for us for a long time.

I mean Pro Bowls.

And it won't hurt for him to sit between Zach and Junior during meetings.

I'm telling you, this kid is first round talent.

So is Matt Roth, if you wanna go there.

Dude, when we picked Channing Crowder, I was extremely excited. This kid is going to be frigin amazing. I cant wait to see him on the field. I just cant wait for a couple year were him and Roth will be starting AH DAMN THATS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

I bet you that Bill lost his breath for a hot minute when he saw his buddy Nick manage that move.

what?!

oh no.. not another "move Soenso to safety thread" gimme a break, crowder a true linebacker and excels in the running game, his limitations are in the passing game... so the logical move is to move him to safety... :shakeno:

Hey Da Fins...where is that quote from in ur signature...just goes to show how amazing Roth is...ahh damn i want the season to start.

Could this tandem be our ZT and JT of the future, by saying that I mean perrenial(sorry for spelling) pro bowlers for years to come both sticking together and maybe marry each other's sisters?(J/K on the last part)

His Dudeness said:
i like the pics too, but crowder is said to have severe limitations in pass coverage, and yes, his knees are a big concern.. regardless, better than eddie moore in the 2nd round.

That's wrong, he excels in pass coverage..

finz99 said:
Dude, when we picked Channing Crowder, I was extremely excited. This kid is going to be frigin amazing. I cant wait to see him on the field. I just cant wait for a couple year were him and Roth will be starting AH DAMN THATS GOING TO BE AWESOME.
I was buzzing... it was 3am in the morning over here and I had everything crossed that we would get this guy.

Put it this way... everyone in the house was awake at 3.01am, maybe I shouldn't have jumped up and shouted out. :domodance :woot:

I wouldn't marry Crowder's sister.

But I bet Crowder would marry Roth's sister.

also... what a name?

Channing Crowder just sounds like a quality linebacker.

For me , and apparently for Miami and Nick Saban , Crowder was just too intriquing and too good to not draft at #70.

Not to say I know a lot ,nevermind all , however there is a huge HUGE upside here. A big assumption ,yes , but if the physical concerns don't infringe he will be a big time bonafide defensive presence . Pro Bowls ? Yes definitely a probable IMO.

The other element is the attitude , the fierceness for the game . Has to be harnessed yes , but you want and need that passion. Coupled with Roth , this is the biggest infusion of tenacity and nastiness we have had in ages. I will have to look back , but honestly? I have not seen an infusion like this on the Dolphins . Dolfan22 refers to Mercury Morris , so that does date me.

What I really love is that grit ,toughness , edge , intensity , high motor is also mirrored by real talent for Roth and Crowder. That is always the perfect match , talent and effort for a one word cath all.

To those that say why draft players at positions some deem not as much a priority? Well you draft like this so in 3 years you don't have more than 2 "needs" .... This is a huge kick start , a great building block to start our change to a young , hungry , physical team....

Miami ... really ... added to their talent level here , with the first 4 picks. Like KB mentioned , and much like NE , these players all do a lot and do it well.

Think about it.... Ronnie Brown ... size , speed , great hands... and a good deep route runner , a good blocker ....versatile and highly profecient in all those areas , a true 3 down back....mismatches.....are you kidding me??? :)

Roth has played LB , can play a hands down LDE position , be a stand up end... To me he is almost the same as David Pollack and better in some ways.

Crowder can and has played weakside , or in the middle. He would work well in 3 -4 schemes , can be moved around. Should be good in intermediate coverage .

Daniels has played S and CB , has enough size to play S and may end up there , but is a corner for now. Played in big games and you HAVE to like that Saban took him.... Picking a player you know so well when you are not giving away any favours , has to tell you he sees good things.

Miami has addressed a lot of weak areas since last year. Of course we will need substantially better play at the QB position to really improve , but this is at least a 2 year process.... so knowing that , look at the players we added and realize how much of an impact they will impart this year...and then for years to come.....

No playoff talks.... but talk to me this time next year......

I love our draft but why not wilkerson or Shazor in the 5th i dont understand that...hopefully this tackle is a good pick up but i hadnt heard anything about him until we picked him. I thought if we went tackle it would have been Wesly Britt he is just a monster.

Back
Top Bottom