Am I the only one here that is a little nervous about 4 of 6 ne recievers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one here that is a little nervous about 4 of 6 ne recievers?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm sure they are going to be awesome. But, it makes me a little cautious that we have 4 out of our 6 recievers toatally new to the team. What can we honestly expect out of these guys? Is there another Chambers lurking there somewhere?

UHHHH.....Did we have a 1000 yard receiver before this season or something?

Last I saw our number 3 or 4 (depending on the time of year) last year just got cut by New England.

Our receivers have sucked for a while now. I like the idea of pumping fresh blood in there. What's the worst they could do?

A 750 yard season?

I am not nervous about Rogers or Thompson. They are both very exceptional players. Tolver and McKnight can be as well. I really don't remember this many impact players starting together but hopefully they all will be upgrades that we really needed. The spark the offense was missing.

I'm not nervous. In fact, it's been awhile since we've had such a promising receiver corp.

who are your starting receivers beside chambers.

a few surprise cuts include snoop minnis (kc); troy edwards (stl); charles johnson (us)

Our #2 reciever is Derrius Thompson, a Redskins player who has shown quite a bit. He's a big guy, in the mold of Gadsden, but has better speed.

He did very well in Washington, which is fairly amazing, with that crazy QB rotation. When the Redskins finally got settled in as Ramsey as their #1 QB, he put together 437 yards.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Guys,

I'm sure they are going to be awesome. But, it makes me a little cautious that we have 4 out of our 6 recievers toatally new to the team. What can we honestly expect out of these guys? Is there another Chambers lurking there somewhere?

What do you mean you're sure they're going to be awsome. Wake up. Our offense has been below average for 10 years. Our Draft always focus on the Defense. When we did focus on the offense we either picked RB's or receivers that didn't help (JJJ, Avery, and Yatil). With Ricky on the team and Norv calling the plays there should be no reason to not be in the top 3rd. If that's the case this year there's no way we won't go far.

Top 10 offense is most definately not out of the question. We were 15th last season, with all of our problems.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Our #2 reciever is Derrius Thompson, a Redskins player who has shown quite a bit. He's a big guy, in the mold of Gadsden, but has better speed.

He did very well in Washington, which is fairly amazing, with that crazy QB rotation. When the Redskins finally got settled in as Ramsey as their #1 QB, he put together 437 yards.

I truly believe that this group of w-r's will surprise alot of rival fans along with a few Dolphin fans as well ...

Chambers will regain his form, Thompson is soooooo much better then Gadsden it's almost laughable... McKnight has to show me something to gain my respect but he has had a very good preseason ..

Even S Simmons has stepped up his play... The wild card here is JR Tolver,,, I think he feels he should have been drafted higher and that in itself has placed a chip on his shoulder !!!

A rookie with Tolver's large amount of talent carrying a chip on his shoulder can ONLY open up the passing game and help J Fiedler ...

:yes:

Marino1983

Originally posted by billsouth
who are your starting receivers beside chambers.

a few surprise cuts include snoop minnis (kc); troy edwards (stl); charles johnson (us)

The real question is who is the Bills #2?

Will Reed be able to hold that job?

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Guys,

I think Thompson will have an excellent season, I also feel that McK will have a nice season. My only concern is the #1 right now. Is Chambers ready to step up? If he is this recieving corps will have no problems.

I'm not worry about our WR's at all. If Jay has the time to trow then I think we'll be fine. I just hope that Tolver get a chance to play cos this guy knows how to get open and if the ball is close enough he'll catch it.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Emskirch

The real question is who is the Bills #2?

Will Reed be able to hold that job?

Possibly up untill the time Knight knocks em out ;).

It's all up to Chambers IMO. If he steps it up and shows that potential everyone talks about then this recieving core can be a threat no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom