Am I the only one on the Gabbert is Garbage bus?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one on the Gabbert is Garbage bus??

the fact that you put more stock into a combine throw around than actually game tape, is concerning in my opinion.

i never said i put more stock in the combine than actual game tape, but since most draft experts and scouts have gabbert as the number one QB by a small margin over the rest of the pack it would have been nice to see him throw with the other players.

If we get Gabbert and let him hold a clipboard while we put pieces in place for him and let henne finish out his contract, he could turn out really good for us.

Cam Newton has a higher boom or bust rate, doubt he comes in and is just an average QB. Where as Gabbert reaching those top 5 QB rankings seems less possible, but i think he can be really good and less chance of bust then newton.

Finally hes a more complete package than any of the other top 5 prospects.

1. locker has passing/accuracy issues,

2. mallet has off the field/work ethic/and possibly decision making skills when the games on the line issues,

3. newton has Diva/possibly not pro-style capable issues,

4. ponder has injury/arm strength issues...

Gabberts the one guy who doesnt seem to have too much red tape, throwing at the combine can really only hurt him at this point. throwing at his pro day, in a place hes comfortable, with players he comfortable with, can only reassure scouts that he is complete. it's the best scenario to keep his stock as-is.

Gabbert is overrated . . . but it doesn't make him garbage. Whether he is drafted #1 overall, top 10, at #15, late first or beyond the first . . . how he translates to the NFL and his success will ultimately decide if he is garbage. As a prospect, in this QB class . . . he is probably the top guy if you factor in everything, including off the field concerns.

Back
Top Bottom