am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar? I think he will be a superstar at least on special teams because he is great in coverage for a linebacker, is a great tackler (he can knock the s*** out of you), and he is very aggresive. Thoughts?

I think he has the potential to be great on special teams and we can maybe use him in blitz packages (even though we don't blitz all that much). I think he'll be a fan favorite...I can picture it already, whenever he smacks the crap out of someone the crowd will chant "BUUUUAAAA!!" like the Marine chant...and like Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman. :D

Noodle Arm said:
I think he has the potential to be great on special teams and we can maybe use him in blitz packages (even though we don't blitz all that much). I think he'll be a fan favorite...I can picture it already, whenever he smacks the crap out of someone the crowd will chant "BUUUUAAAA!!" like the Marine chant...and like Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman. :D

I like it! or we could call him the "Bua Constrictor"

Noodle Arm said:
Oooh no you didn't. Friggin' copycat. I said that first. :tongue: :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=492466#post492466

nick19991 said:
am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar?

Yes ;)

Great talents do appear late in the draft, but why don't we seem him play before we make him LT.

I think Bua has the potential to be a Jim Bates type player (as KB mentioned). Bates played alot in nickle situations and of course ST. He was a star in both capacities.

Noodle Arm said:
Heyyy I didn't even know you wrote that...sorry.:( I thought about it when I read his profile on The Huddle Report site where they mention that the public relations people will love Bua
Tony Bua
It's cool man, just messin with ya. I think that can catch on quick though...Bua knocking heads off and all the fans scream his name. Sweet.

PhinKev said:
Yes ;)

Great talents do appear late in the draft, but why don't we seem him play before we make him LT.

I think he will be something to watch on special teams, maybe he will knock the s*** out of Danta Hall one day

Haha BUUUUUAAAA sounds tite....hopefully he'll give us a reason to chant his name...I really liked what i read about this kid so far...he can be the real deal at special teams and smash foos...I would to see him get up to 225 or 230 for some size so he can progress into the outside linebacking spot...he would be great in coverages and blitzes...can't wait to hear about Bua in training camp and how he almost took another head off...haha...How bout..."Bua, Bua, Bua, Bua!"...Like an Island tribe chant or something lol.

The write-up Noodle Arm posted above:

THE HUDDLE REPORT

Tony Bua S Arkansas

Strengths

Tony is strong, quick and fast. He is a good tackler with excellent instincts. He is a leader and loves to hit and be hit. He is a coach’s dream come true. Tony will do everything he can to stop a play from being successful. His senior year, he moved from linebacker to the safety position which just shows how smart Tony is.

Needs to Improve

Tony is very good at the play when it is in front of him, but has to work on his passing game techniques. This will happen. Right now, he lacks change of direction skills. This will improve.

Bottom Line

Tony needs work in the passing game. SO WHAT?! Tony will develop in this area very quickly. He does not have the best hip flip technique. SO WHAT?! Let me tell you, Tony is the type of kid that good teams need to be successful in the NFL. He is a great leader, a great tackler and a great team player that has excellent football instincts. His first and most important priority is to win. So you want to talk about hip flip? I want to tell you to coach better. You want to talk about size? I’ll tell you to coach better. The fans will love this kid. The coaches will love this kid and the marketing department will love this kid. Tony’s last name sounds like a U.S. Marine chant (BUA), but I call him Tony (SO WHAT?!) Bua. He is first day talent that drops to the second day because he doesn’t do well with his hip/flip. Pick, pick, pick, pick, pick. Draft him. You won’t be disappointed. He is a very underrated player.

I'm very excited about this guy. He loves to hit AND be hit? WTF? That's the kind of crazy mofo we need to lead the special teams unit! Can't wait to see him flying down the field, cracking heads. :D

I just want to add the fact that he also blocked a kick against Florida last year I think that allowed them to win the game

ChambersNBoston said:
Haha BUUUUUAAAA sounds tite....hopefully he'll give us a reason to chant his name...I really liked what i read about this kid so far...he can be the real deal at special teams and smash foos...I would to see him get up to 225 or 230 for some size so he can progress into the outside linebacking spot...he would be great in coverages and blitzes...can't wait to hear about Bua in training camp and how he almost took another head off...haha...How bout..."Bua, Bua, Bua, Bua!"...Like an Island tribe chant or something lol.
Hmm...I like both.

Let's choose between:

"BU-A! BU-A! BU-A!"

or

"BUUUUU!" (Similar to the BRUUU! chants for Bruce Smith)

Preferences? :hmmm:

Is he the guy that is described as "that insane guy on every team that just runs head first into the opponent on returns"?

touborg said:
Is he the guy that is described as "that insane guy on every team that just runs head first into the opponent on returns"?
Yeah that's him.

BTW, why do I get the feeling that someone will start a Bua bandwagon? That will certainly piss the "NO MORE BANDWAGONS!" people off. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom