Am i the only one who... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am i the only one who...

...........doesnt want anything to do with golden tate? i know the guy he is from the town i live in, nice kid and all but he looks tiny and is more of a running back imo, does not not move very fluid with the ball from what ive seen. i think he can be a decent player but he is not what we need, id much rather have lafell or benn. thoughts?

I'm with ya brother. I want LaFell in the worst way. I like Bryant and Briscoe but LaFell to me is going to be a player.

watch a notre dame game then tell me he isnt a number 1... like when he went up and grabbed a pass with three defenders around him? how about when he takes the ball to the house over 15 times in a season. The guy dominated at the college ranks, and now is going into the draft with dominating skills. steve smith is a number one for the panthers, why isnt golden tate? oh, and we already drafted our big recievers in hartline and turner. How did that work out for us?
I want golden tate! He was made for this team.....

Something about Tate just doesn't sit right with me and I don't know what it is. It might be that year after year we get burned by huge athletic receivers and that's what I want us to have and Tate certainly doesn't fit that description. I just don't see him being dominant but I can't really say why

You are definitely not alone.

I don't want anything to do with Golden Tate.

Watch this video and tell me if he doesn't play fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Shq4-9Xn5M

Tate is only 5'10", but solid at 199 lbs and did 17 reps on the bench so plenty strong for his size. His official combine 40 time was 4.42 and to me he plays that fast and then some.

If it was true that we had legitimate interest in Percy Harvin last year, I don't know why we would not be interested in this guy. He is a big play threat without the character concerns that came with Harvin.

Tate is only 5'10", but solid at 199 lbs and did 17 reps on the bench so plenty strong for his size. His official combine 40 time was 4.42 and to me he plays that fast and then some.

If it was true that we had legitimate interest in Percy Harvin last year, I don't know why we would not be interested in this guy. He is a big play threat without the character concerns that came with Harvin.

just because you can bench 17 reps doesnt mean you are strong, the guy isnt a #1 and will never be, he needs to switch back to rb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLLlAGHGns

let me clarify my position on tate. he is a good player, looks like a runningback to me and will be a slot wr and will do decent but we have bess who is the same player, we need a #1 not wr who couldnt make it at running back. watch some brandon lafell highlights to see a prototype wr.

he was owning the best cb in the draft, although he did drop some passes his qb doesnt help him.

lafell reminds me of a taller chris chambers.

Still doesn't change my mind one bit. Watch a full game, not a highlight reel. He does not play that fast.

...........doesnt want anything to do with golden tate? i know the guy he is from the town i live in, nice kid and all but he looks tiny and is more of a running back imo, does not not move very fluid with the ball from what ive seen. i think he can be a decent player but he is not what we need, id much rather have lafell or benn. thoughts?
Foget about size.

What the Dolphins need is a player who can CONSISTENTLY:
1. Get open
2. Catch the ball
3. gain additional yards after the catch
4. score touchdowns

I think Tate's 2009 numbers in a Pro Set proves he's capable of doing those things as well or better than anyone in this year's draft

Turner proved that size isn't everything in the NFL. As long as he can get off the line of scrimmage Tate will do well if not great in the NFL. I believe the two tallest guys in last year's draft got into a total of 2 games (Barden and Turner).

Keep your tall receivers and give me WRs that produce and put up big numbers regardless of their size.

Frankly I was not impressed with the bigger Benn. He looked stiff and didn't look good catching or running. Tate will be the #2 receiver going into the draft since Thomas broke his leg.

Back
Top Bottom