Am I welcome here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I welcome here?

TheWhiskeyMiser

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am writing you today as a 40+ years former San Diego Chargers fan. Unfortunately I no longer have a team to pull for since their owner (POS Spanos) has taken their loyalty and left the city. They are no longer the same team.

I was searching for a new team to pull for and chose the Dolphins because I have been a Miami Hurricanes fan since I was a kid. The thinking is why not keep my teams in the same city?

I was also impressed with a quote from your owner Stephen Ross about relocation in the NFL.. “My position today was that we as owners and as a League owe it to fans to do everything we can to stay in the communities that have supported us until all options have been exhausted".

Too many teams are relocating and leaving their loyal fans high and dry. I am sickened that these teams are allowed to continue to use the same team names/logo/colors when they leave a city.

I do appreciate the history of the Dolphins and have always enjoyed watching them play, except when they played the Chargers. That has now changed.

This is a strange thing for me since I have only rooted for one team my whole life. I am now ready to move on and fully support the Miami Dolphins. Screw LA and the Chargers.

Is there room on the Dolphin train for me?

Welcome on board guy and the fact you are a Canes fan as well is icing on the cake for me although some of our FSU or Alabama fans might not agree with that :)

Jump in and have fun.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000_zpsjn4qvyti.gif

GOOOOOO DOLPHINS

Your very welcome on FH

Hello All,

I am writing you today as a 40+ years former San Diego Chargers fan. Unfortunately I no longer have a team to pull for since their owner (POS Spanos) has taken their loyalty and left the city. They are no longer the same team.

I was searching for a new team to pull for and chose the Dolphins because I have been a Miami Hurricanes fan since I was a kid. The thinking is why not keep my teams in the same city?

I was also impressed with a quote from your owner Stephen Ross about relocation in the NFL.. “My position today was that we as owners and as a League owe it to fans to do everything we can to stay in the communities that have supported us until all options have been exhausted".

Too many teams are relocating and leaving their loyal fans high and dry. I am sickened that these teams are allowed to continue to use the same team names/logo/colors when they leave a city.

I do appreciate the history of the Dolphins and have always enjoyed watching them play, except when they played the Chargers. That has now changed.

This is a strange thing for me since I have only rooted for one team my whole life. I am now ready to move on and fully support the Miami Dolphins. Screw LA and the Chargers.

Is there room on the Dolphin train for me?

Run. Now. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No matter Doug is a valued contributor to the Canes forum and we don't want to lose him :cigar

Merry Christmas Doug and Finomenal

Wow, how did I miss this post? You're absolutely welcome here.

The Dolphins have been pretty bad for about twenty years, with only brief glimpses of competence mixed in. No one will ever accuse you of being a bandwagoner, and I think all of us are sympathetic to your reasons for wanting to "hop on."

Although I didn't like the decision to move either team to Los Angeles, at least with the Rams you can make the argument that they are moving BACK to their home, where they had a long and storied history. I don't know that anyone on Earth can make a compelling case for Dean Spanos doing anything but packing up his football team and moving it because he thinks he can make more money and become a celebrity.

Welcome.

Hello all! My name is Christian. I'm a newbie as well. I used to be a fan of San Diego Chargers too. The pain of the Chargers moving from San Diego to Los Angeles is forever etched in the heart of one fan but that doesn't mean it has to be physically marked on his body. I used to take my shirt off at the games sometimes. Lol. I'm rooting for the Dolphins this time!

Hi and welcome. Hope all is well. As enjoy it on here.

hello doug la is nice but i like your san diego much better in spring with coronas also. im happy for all the freindly welcomes on this website.

Back
Top Bottom