Amari Cooper's official time adjusted? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amari Cooper's official time adjusted?

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Video created the confusion, a simulcam that showed Amari Cooper and Kevin White running their 40-yard dashes from the NFL Scouting Combine at the same time.

While Alabama's Cooper and West Virginia's White were neck and neck throughout the run, White's time (4.35) was significantly faster than the one released for Cooper (4.42).

A report Sunday cleared up the confusion.

NFL teams were informed that the time released for Cooper was incorrect and that the former Alabama wide receiver's actual time was between 4.35 and 4.38 seconds, according to Yahoo!.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/03/alabama_wr_amari_coopers_combi.html

Here's the video with Cooper, White and Parker.

[video=youtube;mw6rhfkixDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ[/video]

Hmmmm...

I've also seen Cooper's official 10-yard split being posted as 1.62 or something, which would interest me more than the 40 time. 1.62 is fairly slow, for a top-rated receiver.

But I can't see how you could run a 4.35 and have a 1.62 split. Something is still not right about those numbers.

Hmmmm...

I've also seen Cooper's official 10-yard split being posted as 1.62 or something, which would interest me more than the 40 time. 1.62 is fairly slow, for a top-rated receiver.

But I can't see how you could run a 4.35 and have a 1.62 split. Something is still not right about those numbers.

He was dead even with Kevin White...I thought he even pulled ahead a little at the end of the 40. White has a 10-yard split of 1.53, I would think Cooper's is the same.

The crazy part is Parker is listed as having a 1.51 10-yard split and he looks to be slightly behind Cooper and White when they hit the 10 yard mark.

lol...there was no chance he was dropping to 14 anyway. That's a pipe dream.

true but if i had my 3rd rounder still and he got to 9 or 10 i'd have the ammo without sacrificing too much to maybe go up and get him...i'd die trying i know that

He was dead even with Kevin White...I thought he even pulled ahead a little at the end of the 40. White has a 10-yard split of 1.53, I would think Cooper's is the same.

The crazy part is Parker is listed as having a 1.51 10-yard split and he looks to be slightly behind Cooper and White when they hit the 10 yard mark.

Totally agree. Cooper was ahead after 10 and after 40, White was ahead in the middle 20. Somebody's time is wrong, maybe more than one guy's. Makes the NFL look like a bunch of chumps to be honest, if they can't organise a simple timing device and report it correctly.

Anyway, one look at the video and you can see Cooper's suddenness and explosiveness. He's a guy whose play speed looks even better than the track speed. Unlike, say Stefon Diggs, who for me looks a lot slower on the field than his combine results. Jaelen Strong too.

i really dont think that effects either of them in any way... lol

Totally agree. Cooper was ahead after 10 and after 40, White was ahead in the middle 20. Somebody's time is wrong, maybe more than one guy's. Makes the NFL look like a bunch of chumps to be honest, if they can't organise a simple timing device and report it correctly.

Anyway, one look at the video and you can see Cooper's suddenness and explosiveness. He's a guy whose play speed looks even better than the track speed. Unlike, say Stefon Diggs, who for me looks a lot slower on the field than his combine results. Jaelen Strong too.

I was thinking Cooper may have leaned forward and triggered the electronic timer before he actually took off...might explain some of the disparity in times between him and White.

I was thinking Cooper may have leaned forward and triggered the electronic timer before he actually took off...might explain some of the disparity in times between him and White.

Think that's it. Regardless, he has enough deep speed, and he's super quick - especially for a guy his size. In terms of the combination of separation and RAC, I haven't seen many better than Cooper. I can understand arguments for White over Cooper, but I'll take Cooper every time.

Cooper could of ran 4.5 flat and he wasn't making it to us. Dude's just too damn smooth.

Speed is bit overrated fellas. Jerry Rice wasn't that fast, but he was the best receiver ever.

I take Cooper over White any day of the week, regarless of the 40 time. The way Cooper runs routes and separates shows a refinement beyond his years.

The Fins need a playmaking WR badly. I would take Cooper, White or Parker in a heartbeat.....problem is, i think all 3 will be gone by the time we draft. After them, i would wait until Round 2 before i considered drafting a WR.

i personally think it's leaning more and more towards gurley at 14 barring a trade down if they can't get one of those top 3 wrs...if he gets to us

and then if we don't trade down i think miamis gonna absolutely miss on kendricks and end up with one of those marginal mike options at 47...that won't fix anything

probably corner in the 4th would be my guess

i personally think it's leaning more and more towards gurley at 14 barring a trade down if they can't get one of those top 3 wrs...if he gets to us

and then if we don't trade down i think miamis gonna absolutely miss on kendricks and end up with one of those marginal mike options at 47...that won't fix anything

probably corner in the 4th would be my guess

Would make sense, I think Ross and Tannenbaum are clearly making an effort to push for Elite players. Gurley def will be the most elite player if he's there at 14.

Back
Top Bottom