An all wild-card superbowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An all wild-card superbowl?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I think the Steelers and the Panthers will both win this Sunday which would set up the first ever all wild-card superbowl. what do you guys think?

I don't see any way the Steelers beat Denver at Mile High,,,,,,Shanny has the experience....I think the Steelers emotionally won't be able to get up on the road for two weeks in a row. I like Carolina....Delhomme to Steve Smith is gonna doom the Seaturds.

Roman529 said:
I don't see any way the Steelers beat Denver at Mile High,,,,,,Shanny has the experience....I think the Steelers emotionally won't be able to get up on the road for two weeks in a row. I like Carolina....Delhomme to Steve Smith is gonna doom the Seaturds.
why? the Broncos only gained 286 yards on the Pats. they only had points because of Pats turnovers. the run was shut down as evidenced by them only averaging 3 ypc. The Steelers have a better D than the Pats, they will stop the Broncos on offense. On offense the Steelers don't make mistakes and can pass the ball as everyone saw last week. The Broncos don't have a chance. Peyton Manning couldn't even tell where Polamalu was on the field so what chance does Plummer have? he will be picked off multiple times

nick1 said:
I think the Steelers and the Panthers will both win this Sunday which would set up the first ever all wild-card superbowl. what do you guys think?

I think there will be the Broncos and Panthers in the "Superbowl!!!" Ironically, two teams of which the Dolphins beat in the regular season. Go figure!!!:eek:

Roman529 said:

It would be 3 weeks in a row as they won at Cincy. Not only could this be the first all-WC SB but both teams will have ahd to win 3 road games to get there which would be amazing.

Its pretty unlikely that both wild cards teams win this weekend. There is a reason winning three away games has never been done before and it happening twice this year alone would be shocking. Both teams have to be pretty beat up at this point, mentally and physicallly. The Steelers are coming off two emotional games and this could affect them.

Basileus777 said:
Its pretty unlikely that both wild cards teams win this weekend. There is a reason winning three away games has never been done before and it happening twice this year alone would be shocking. Both teams have to be pretty beat up at this point, mentally and physicallly. The Steelers are coming off two emotional games and this could affect them.

Actually it has been done before and this is the 20th anniversary of it. the '85 pats won 3 road games to get to the SB before they were thrashed by Chicago.

nyjunc said:
Actually it has been done before and this is the 20th anniversary of it. the '85 pats won 3 road games to get to the SB before they were thrashed by Chicago.

Yeah you are right, i mixed it up a bit. No team without a home game has ever won the superbowl, have got to it.

it could happen and the way the match-ups are, I think it is a very possible thing to happen. and my boy Chris Carter agrees with me on the all wild-card superbowl

link

Not only all wild-card but both #6 seeds. No team has ever won 3 road games to advance to the Superbowl and there is a chance 2 teams could do it this year

LtDan said:
Not only all wild-card but both #6 seeds. No team has ever won 3 road games to advance to the Superbowl and there is a chance 2 teams could do it this year

Again, NE in '85 won 3 road gams to get to the SB. they lost in the SB but they got their w/ 3 road wins and jets and dolphin fans should remember since they beat both of us along the way.

nyjunc said:
Again, NE in '85 won 3 road gams to get to the SB. they lost in the SB but they got their w/ 3 road wins and jets and dolphin fans should remember since they beat both of us along the way.
but they were not the #6 seed, they were the #5 seed

nick1 said:
but they were not the #6 seed, they were the #5 seed

I didn't say anything about thes eed just that they won 3 road games to get to the SB.

nyjunc said:
I didn't say anything about thes eed just that they won 3 road games to get to the SB.
thats what he was saying though, that there has never been a 6th seed team make it to the superbowl or even the Championship game before

I think Pitt and Carolina will both win, but how many times has Cowher been in this position before, and lost.

Back
Top Bottom