An annoying fact... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An annoying fact...

Baz

Ephemeral
Reaction score
Why is it that we always play at Buffalo and New England late in the season? I noticed the last couple years that is how it works. Is there a particular reason the NFL wants Miami up in the cold late in the year? I understand that earlier in the year, when we host those two teams, its our advantage beacuse of the heat. Anyways, does anyone know why?

with these being the only rules

http://www.nfl.com/ce/multi/0,3783,4414598,00.html

Scheduling formula

Each team within a division will play 14 common opponents as follows:
Each team will play home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

Each team will play the four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play the four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play a pair of intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games), i.e. first-place teams in a division will play against the first-place teams from another division within the same conference, etc.

you would think it is random :rolleyes:

That formula only explains WHO plays WHO. It says nothing about WHEN they play. ;)

It's like I've always said......we are one of the teams that has a role in the NFL. And our role is to start strong, then fade down the stretch.

Why else would we play in cold weather down the stretch every year?? Why else would we play 3 games in 12 days two years in a row??

Personally, I like that the NFL has this option. I like the matchups they create. And I'm not afraid of playing in the cold. Jay is a good cold weather QB. And the cold doesn't affect a power run game and a strong defense. :cool:

And they always play you in the early season in Miami! It works both ways. You can't have your home field advantage and not expect them to get it as well.

Back
Top Bottom