An Attitude Adjustment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Attitude Adjustment

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In weeks past, I've been critical of some of the Dolphins players. After Sunday's miracle win, I feel like I've almost had a divine intervention. The Miami Miracle means more to me than Marino's Fake Spike and the Leon Lett Field Goal Blunder. I feel so good for every player on this Dolphins team and love them all like brothers (No, I haven't been drinking). The Miami Miracle proved to me that no matter who your opponent is, you always have a chance and you're never out until the clock strikes 0:00. I am going to go on record and say that I'm going to be more patient with the team, and yes, the coaching staff. No matter how this season ends, I will cherish this moment for the rest of my life.

How awesome would it be if this was a turning point for 2 franchises and 20 years from now, Adam Gase retires from coaching the Miami Dolphins with the same number of Lombardis as Bill Belichick in his back pocket and it all started on 12/9/2018 in Miami? A man can dream...

This win has given me a bad attitude. Tannehill returns and looks pretty good. The team buckled down and pulled out another win IN SPITE OF the coaching staff. Take away Gase's bad playcalling and Burke's defensive schemes, and replace them (and Front Office personnel) with people who can recognize talent and build a competent o-line, and they could be fighting for a 1st round bye.

How awesome would it be if this was a turning point for 2 franchises and 20 years from now, Adam Gase retires from coaching the Miami Dolphins with the same number of Lombardis as Bill Belichick in his back pocket and it all started on 12/9/2018 in Miami? A man can dream...
Lol. People still sitting on cloud 9 I see.

The Miracle in Miami was an awesome, awesome moment, and thrilling, and all that...and that it happened against and hurt the Patriots, even better. It has us still in the mix.
But it doesn't change problems. We need to load up on o-line and d-line. We need a starting caliber CB. We should look for a Devante Parker type replacement player. We need better play calling overall, situational play calling especially. We need to replace Burke with a solid, experienced DC who can figure out best how to make the most of the talent on the defense- and there are some talented players there. Put them in a position to do best what each player does best- what Shula always used to say: Don't ask a 5'8" 195 lb jitterbug to pound it up the middle for a yard. Get your hammer to do it. This team could go far just with these adjustments. But we need the players mentioned above, and the other adjustments. The Miami Miracle changes none of that. And the FO needs to find the aforementioned players. No more Charles Harrises.

That said- I think the mood on this board could change drastically after the Vikings game. We may surprise, but it is going to tough to get out of there with a win. I think a lot of things are stacked against us this week. I also think the problems we have will re-emerge as our talking points again after Sunday.
Miami Miracle: A beautiful, beautiful oasis in the middle of reality.

The reality is faith costs nothing of you.

I mean really, we can do this circle jerk dance until the end of time about this and that, and how so and so should go, but until this **** stops, nothing will change.

Moral of the story is, you have more power than you think.

So, begin to think positive thoughts and I promise, you will see things manifest in the most unlikely and bizarre ways humanly possible, and for the better.

Last edited:
This win has given me a bad attitude. Tannehill returns and looks pretty good. The team buckled down and pulled out another win IN SPITE OF the coaching staff. Take away Gase's bad playcalling and Burke's defensive schemes, and replace them (and Front Office personnel) with people who can recognize talent and build a competent o-line, and they could be fighting for a 1st round bye.

Miami coming off an emotional high, Minny coming off a bad loss. I don't like this. This W/L is on Gase

So would you say that you've just undergone a... happy adjustment?

latest

The reality is faith costs nothing of you.

I mean really, we can do this circle jerk dance until the end of time about this and that, and how so and so should go, but until this **** stops, nothing will change.

Moral of the story is, you have more power than you think.

So, begin to think positive thoughts and I promise, you will see things manifest in the most unlikely and bizarre ways humanly possible, and for the better.
So, are you saying if I have faith that 53 players I don't know will shock me this Sunday, it may happen, and the reason it happened was because I had faith? Faith in a front office, and a team, that hasn't been able to win a playoff game since the 2000 season?
Or are you referring to a bigger, life picture, "the power of positive thinking" kind of thing.

So, are you saying if I have faith that 53 players I don't know will shock me this Sunday, it may happen, and the reason it happened was because I had faith? Faith in a front office, and a team, that hasn't been able to win a playoff game since the 2000 season?
Or are you referring to a bigger, life picture, "the power of positive thinking" kind of thing.
The law of attraction and positive affirmations is real.

So would you say that you've just undergone a... happy adjustment?

I don't mind contributing to the dialog around here.

Bottom line, minor short term drifts within Crowd level are not particularly meaningful, and actually quite harmful if the franchise big shots don't recognize it as such

In weeks past, I've been critical of some of the Dolphins players. After Sunday's miracle win, I feel like I've almost had a divine intervention. The Miami Miracle means more to me than Marino's Fake Spike and the Leon Lett Field Goal Blunder. I feel so good for every player on this Dolphins team and love them all like brothers (No, I haven't been drinking). The Miami Miracle proved to me that no matter who your opponent is, you always have a chance and you're never out until the clock strikes 0:00. I am going to go on record and say that I'm going to be more patient with the team, and yes, the coaching staff. No matter how this season ends, I will cherish this moment for the rest of my life.

I suspect that over the next two years you will get to enjoy the development of a Dynasty as opposed to looking for a short term fix which seldom works.

Your "attitude adjustment" is the kind of gift you give yourself. Enjoy football for a while, win lose or draw. I anticipate that we will playing in the 2020 Superbowl and possibly an earlier Superbowl.

All those reports about Reshad Joned commitment to the team and he was the one who jumped highest and fastest off that sideline when Drake scored. Brings back to reality how much the game means to these guys innately despite all the off field drama that tries to be built now and again.

Back
Top Bottom