An entire 'O'line of Sumo Wrestlers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An entire 'O'line of Sumo Wrestlers

TheDon74

42.7% of all statistics are made up
Reaction score
This is obviously a just for fun topic, so no need to jump all over me.

Has anyone ever been curious what would happen if a team tried using an all Sumo 'O' line? I'm not talking about just fat Japanese guys. I'm talking about top notch well trained Sumo guys. If you think about it they are masters of controlling other peoples body weight and they have great hand and footwork.
They could be good at pass and rush because they train not to be pushed out of the ring (pass) and how to bull rush their man out of the ring (rush)

I don't know this is just something I've always wondered about. But hey I've always wondered what would win between a Grizzle Bear and a Lion so whats that tell you?

Those guys would'nt likely stoop to the NFL level. Their treated like royalty (way more than NFL players here). It would be interesting to watch some O-linemen train with sumo wrestlers. They really are phenomenal athletes. One thing you probably never realize about them is that their extremely flexible (they can all do full splits).

I've thought of this before as well and always thought it would be pretty cool. There are some nuances that they would have to learn, but it would be interesting.

Those guys would'nt likely stoop to the NFL level. Their treated like royalty (way more than NFL players here). It would be interesting to watch some O-linemen train with sumo wrestlers. They really are phenomenal athletes. One thing you probably never realize about them is that their extremely flexible (they can all do full splits).

It's only a hypothetical question.

Give me 7 Sumo's 8 months and ill give you a starting O line that could block Porter and Taylor all day

I would LOVE to see Asashoryu at center. That guy is strong as HELL. The problem with Sumo is that those guys would be done after 2 plays. That, and they're trained to put the other wrestler on the floor by using the other's momentum along with brute strength. They don't just exclusively drive each other back. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of holding penalties we'd receive.

...hey I've always wondered what would win between a Grizzle Bear and a Lion so whats that tell you?
The bear. Back in more cruel times, they used to set up such fights and the bears won every time. The lions' skulls weren't thick enough to withstand the blows of the bear.

Back
Top Bottom