An excuse?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An excuse??

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I read this quote from Ray Lucas in the Palm Beach Post this morning:

"My arm strength is unquestioned," Lucas said. "You throw as hard as I do every day, it's going to get sore."

I find this kinda funny because Dan Marino never used this excuse, or complained about his arm being sore, and we all know he throws the ball harder than Ray Lucas.

Originally posted by chambers84

"My arm strength is unquestioned," Lucas said. "You throw as hard as I do every day, it's going to get sore."

I find this kinda funny because Dan Marino never used this excuse, or complained about his arm being sore, and we all know he throws the ball harder than Ray Lucas.

That is just stupid! Ray has thrown about 75% of the passes in 2 a day practices for a week and a half. Of course his arm is going to get sore. Go out side and throw 50 snowballs at youor igloo, i gaurante your arm hurts tomorrow.

lucas............

"You throw as hard as I do every day, it's going to get sore."

that is rays problem. every passs is thrown at warp factor 5! he needs to learn touch on the ball. personaly, he has had plenty of time in the nfl to work the kinks out of his game. i just don't see ray being anything but a league cruiser. i just don't hink he is the answer, not as a starter or quality back up.

after the scrimage, i am hoping tim levcik gets more reps. i would like to see him throw in the pre season againt something else besides camp fodder. hopefully they will get him involved early in some pre season games.

I don't know if Dan throws harder than Ray..But Dan has never had to throw as much as Ray during TC..He saved it for the season. Ray will be alright and there are things that you can reason out or excuse if you know what I'am talking about..Score arms do happen and I know that from personal experience.

Originally posted by chambers84

Ray's sore arm after one week of camp makes me think that he may have a problem with his throwing mechanics. Acute arm pain isn't normal unless some type of injury has taken place or a player's throwing mechanics are putting too much strain on joints and muscles (much like a baseball pitcher).

Marino never had arm trouble because his throwing mechanics were textbook perfect. Elway had elbow trouble throughout his career because he put so much strain on the joint with his catapult-like release.

Sure hope Jay gets healthy soon.

I remember a few times seeing Dan's arm wrapped in ice. Nothing to big, but he did use it. Just like almost every other QB. No biggie.

Originally posted by IceStorm
I remember a few times seeing Dan's arm wrapped in ice. Nothing to big, but he did use it. Just like almost every other QB. No biggie.

Well, Dan pretty much had an ice pack on his whole body! :)

I noticed Ray Lucas with ice on his arm at last weeks night practice and thought it was something he did everytime he threw a lot!

My take on it is that Ray can't throw with touch, everything is 100 mph!

That's something that Marino did, but he used a lot more of his wrist, thus such a quick release, while providing less pressure on the elbow and shoulder!

there is no doubt Ray's playing too much cause the only other alternatives are rooks.

Exactly Ray is probably in all actuality taking more snaps than he should and he's just not really use to this kind of action. Dan Marino didn't have textbook perfect mechanics. He was accused of being a pusher coming out of college. Worked well enough for him t I guess.

I just wish the man would learn some touch on his throws. I thought maybe we were seeing things and being overcritical but then I took a look at Tim Levcik throwing the ball and I'll tell you Tim Levcik knows how to vary his throwing speed. I was thinking to myself, this guy doesn't have THAT great of an arm what was everyone talking about? Then when he really needed to whip the ball laser-tag style in between two defenders to Margin Hooks at the goal line, he unleashed fury and the ball teleported into Hooks hands. Then I was like....ok, so its true, Ray Lucas has no concept of touch.

Back
Top Bottom