An instant upgrade on the Oline right here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An instant upgrade on the Oline right here

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nick Mangold - Center Ohio State

2nd round. that is my prediction right now. dude played awesome against good talent at DT and I understand the guy makes all the line calls and is brutal blocker. You move Hadnot right back to Guard and he becomes the backup C. The oline would be significantly upgraded and we could land a possible PBer for the next ten years. I think this kid is a steal in the second round. Centers get no pub.

My draft would go like this right now:

1. Greenway LB Iowa
2. Nick Mangold C Ohio State
3. Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
4. CB/S

That to me would be an awesome draft!

I like Mangold but if Gilles is there I pick him without a doubt. Don't discount Wade Smith who was misused as a left tackle a year ago. He's an inside lineman and has put on weight and muscle now at 325lbs.

I like Mangold also....it would nice to have a center again...playing for the Dolphins.

Jaj said:
I like Mangold but if Gilles is there I pick him without a doubt. Don't discount Wade Smith who was misused as a left tackle a year ago. He's an inside lineman and has put on weight and muscle now at 325lbs.

:sidelol: I hope ur right
We have been wait on Wade Smith to produce
but I like LT Anthony A. more.

Jaj said:

Would Gilles be there at 48 or wherever we pick at in the second? I would think he would be gone by then. Maybe even Mangold is gone here too because i see these guys stock rising. I like what I read on this Mangold guy. Dominating, nasty and smart.

finfan54 said:

2nd round. that is my prediction right now. dude played awesome against good talent at DT and I understand the guy makes all the line calls and is brutal blocker. You move Hadnot right back to Guard and he becomes the backup C. The oline would be significantly upgraded and we could land a possible PBer for the next ten years. I think this kid is a steal in the second round. Centers get no pub.

1. Greenway LB Iowa
3. Pat Watkin S FSU
4. Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson

Just a little help from One Fin Fan To Another :infins:

mia4ever said:
:sidelol: I hope ur right
We have been wait on Wade Smith to produce
but I like LT Anthony A. more.

I like them both. I think Alabi will be fine at LT. However, Smith has the body of a C and he can move for an offensive linemen, just look at this 40 time.

finfan54 said:

1. Greenway LB Iowa
4. CB/S

Your mock is very similar to mine:cooldude:

I have
1.Greenway
2. Mangold
3.C.Griffin/J.Allen
4. Skyler Green

SackArtist said:
Your mock is very similar to mine:cooldude:

I have
1.Greenway
2. Mangold
3.C.Griffin/J.Allen
4. Skyler Green

wow, I like Griffen bigtime. If he lasted until the 4th round, I would say Griffen there to take my cb/S spot. I think he is a gem as well. Skyler green will last longer than 4th IMO, and we are defenitely drafting a Qb on the first day.

TimeGap said:
Mangold will be a first round pick!!

How do you know? I am not questioning you harshly but where did you hear cus I do think his stock could rise but i wonder what teams would be willing or need a center bad enough to draft one in the first round?

finfan54 said:
Would Gilles be there at 48 or wherever we pick at in the second? I would think he would be gone by then. Maybe even Mangold is gone here too because i see these guys stock rising. I like what I read on this Mangold guy. Dominating, nasty and smart.

I agree, Gilles and Mangold will probably be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

Here's what I would like to see in the draft:

#1- Winston Justice
#2- Max Jean Gilles or Taitusi Lutui // if we pick up Hutchinson in FA take Mangold #2
#3- if we don't get Hutchinson or a G in the 2nd take Rob Sims G Ohio State.

finfan54 said:

1. Greenway LB Iowa
4. CB/S

Dude, I've been posting about Mangold the whole week and I posted a few days ago that I'd love to get him in the 2nd round......I think he was the best o-lineman the whole week including Ferguson(position by position that is)......He's a leader and plays with the mean streak you're looking for.About your mock,I don't think I could be any happier if it went down like that.I'm just hoping that all 3 will be there for our pick.I think Mangold will go in the 2nd but at what point is hard to tell.Greenway could be there but he could be gone too.Whitehurts also should go in round 3 but again, at what point is hard to tell.If we can get Mangold then I like Simms and Jilles(sp?)and/or a LT.Howard is also posible at OLB if Greenway is gone and so is Carpenter or Manny Lawson who could play the hybrid 3-4.

Ozzy rules!!

phinfan_1 said:
I agree, Gilles and Mangold will probably be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

Here's what I would like to see in the draft:

#1- Winston Justice
#2- Max Jean Gilles or Taitusi Lutui // if we pick up Hutchinson in FA take Mangold #2
#3- if we don't get Hutchinson or a G in the 2nd take Rob Sims G Ohio State.

Go O. line in the first 3 rounds? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom