An Interesting Perspective on McDaniel and the Dolphins (An Overlooked Team for 2024) from Peter King's Sendoff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Interesting Perspective on McDaniel and the Dolphins (An Overlooked Team for 2024) from Peter King's Sendoff

Peter King is correct, the design of the Raheem Mostert TD created by Durham Smythe orbit motion was brilliant original stuff. However, it wasn't too smart to use it against the lowly Carolina Panthers. Hard to successfully replicate because every NFL Defense will know what to expect.

wasn't that no-look shovel pass against DEN when MIA already had a comfortable lead?

For me, my current cynicism doesn't come from McDaniel or last year's flop.
My cynicism comes from a lack of draft picks in April, a challenging cap situation, and 20+ Free agents.
Now, Grier might wheel and deal, add picks, fix the cap, resign decent guys, and draft 4 plug and play starters. If that happens, I will change my tune. I don't even doubt that he can do it. I just need to see that happen before I get excited for true glory. I've seen enough football seasons to know what this above scenario can bring.
But who knows; I also think that there was some sort of salary cap plan in place when these contracts were signed.

King has always been fair to the Phish and for that I have always appreciated his input. That does not mean he has always been positive about the team but hard truths sometimes need to be told.

For me, my current cynicism doesn't come from McDaniel or last year's flop.
My cynicism comes from a lack of draft picks in April, a challenging cap situation, and 20+ Free agents.
Now, Grier might wheel and deal, add picks, fix the cap, resign decent guys, and draft 4 plug and play starters. If that happens, I will change my tune. I don't even doubt that he can do it. I just need to see that happen before I get excited for true glory. I've seen enough football seasons to know what this above scenario can bring.
But who knows; I also think that there was some sort of salary cap plan in place when these contracts were signed.
Agreed. I like our guys generally but we're in a challenging situation heading into '24 for a team that thinks it's in win now mode. Personally I think it will be difficult to patch this many holes in one offseason with such limited resources so we realistically may be in a better win now position in '25 than we are this year.

We'll see, the one thing I think that can change that narrative for this year is if we can actually build a strong O-line and add another weapon so this offense can go to the next level. If that happens we can win in '24 even with a mid defense.

Back
Top Bottom