An "Offensive" Look to the Offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An "Offensive" Look to the Offseason

if i can get a 2nd rounder for ronnie brown i'm trading him...guy just can't stay healthy and he's getting close to that dreaded 30 age

if i can get a 2nd rounder for ronnie brown i'm trading him...guy just can't stay healthy and he's getting close to that dreaded 30 age

I hear that. I think it's a tough call by the FO. I wonder what most people on here think about it? I would guess it's close to 50/50

I just couldn't trade him away, but it should be interesting to see what Miami does with this situation

2nd for ronnie, 2nd for Merling and Ginn, 3rd and crowder for a 2nd.
Defensive Look...

1st- Rolando Mcclain, ILB
2nd- Brandon Spikes, ILB
2nd- Terrence Cody, NT
2nd- Carlos Dunlap, DE
2nd- Von Miller, OLB

:lol: Look at that front 7, Starks, Cody, Dunlap, Miller, Spikes, Mcclain, Wake

How can we be heading to a more explosive offense without the explosive type players at WR? Boldin, Hartline, Bess and Turner are all possession types with very little, if any, explosiveness in their game. Maybe adding someone like Ohio's Taylor Price or UConn's Marcus Easley could add to that explosive offense we are heading to.

Did you see the part of the thread that said we select Spiller a player that can score at any touch, Scheffler an actual receiving threat that can stretch the defense, Boldin who is a beast of a WR. Not every player on your team needs to be explosive to have an explosive offense. We still need to convert 3rd downs and there's nothing wrong with getting 10-15 yard plays out of Hartline.

If that's not explosive enough for you then I'm guessing no matter what we do it won't be good enough.

Why not? They've traded with us before as well as with other teams within the division. If the deal is right for them, NE will trade with anyone.

They traded with us because they took us to the cleaners on that trade and I'm sure they would love to do that again, who wouldn't?

They gave us a pick, we gave them a player to haunt us twice a year for the rest of his career. Their not going to do the same for us, they'd probably give him away for less then help us out which would end up hurting them in the long run.

Did you see the part of the thread that said we select Spiller a player that can score at any touch, Scheffler an actual receiving threat that can stretch the defense, Boldin who is a beast of a WR. Not every player on your team needs to be explosive to have an explosive offense. We still need to convert 3rd downs and there's nothing wrong with getting 10-15 yard plays out of Hartline.

If that's not explosive enough for you then I'm guessing no matter what we do it won't be good enough.
Of course I saw the part with Spiller and Scheffler, I agreed with adding those two. I don't care how beastly Boldin is, he is not going to make the receiving corp anything close to explosive. He is just another possession receiver and we have plenty of those already on the team. The difference is that Boldin racks up a lot of yards after the catch.

To be an explosive offense, you need players who are going to get you some chunk yardage and Boldin won't do much to add to the seven the Dolphins had as a team last season.

As great as Boldin is, he had only one reception that traveled more than 20 yards in the air.
They traded with us because they took us to the cleaners on that trade and I'm sure they would love to do that again, who wouldn't?

They gave us a pick, we gave them a player to haunt us twice a year for the rest of his career. Their not going to do the same for us, they'd probably give him away for less then help us out which would end up hurting them in the long run.
I wasn't necessarily talking about the Welker trade because the commisioner actually made that one happen. I was talking in general. Just as the Patriots traded Bledsoe to the Bills because it benefitted both teams, there is nothing that would prevent them from doing the same with Wilfork, if the right deal comes along.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the Welker trade because the commisioner actually made that one happen. I was talking in general. Just as the Patriots traded Bledsoe to the Bills because it benefitted both teams, there is nothing that would prevent them from doing the same with Wilfork, if the right deal comes along.

Your talking about a "has been" QB that had already been replaced by the Superbowl Champion T.Brady. V.Wilfork is in his prime and there is no superstar to replace him, dealing him makes no sense unless you get a couple 1st picks and in that case they would win again.

Of course I saw the part with Spiller and Scheffler, I agreed with adding those two. I don't care how beastly Boldin is, he is not going to make the receiving corp anything close to explosive. He is just another possession receiver and we have plenty of those already on the team. The difference is that Boldin racks up a lot of yards after the catch.

To be an explosive offense, you need players who are going to get you some chunk yardage and Boldin won't do much to add to the seven the Dolphins had as a team last season.

As great as Boldin is, he had only one reception that traveled more than 20 yards in the air.

Explain to me then how do we become explosive if what I have offered as a suggestion. Dez? A player that has never played a down in the NFL and sat out last year. Unless you want to give up a 1st and 3rd for BM and then chance he blows up at our coaching staff because he doesn't like what we're doing, but then there's nothing (explosive) in the backfield.

I like Boldin but I also never stated he was great, he would just be a realistic option. A.Bryant would be an excellent option aswell but the point is if defenses have to pay attention to a Boldin(A.Bryant), Scheffler and a Spiller out of the back field. No defense can cover everything allowing us to figure out the weakness and expose it for big plays.

i dont like the idea of really any of that bro... sorry but ronnie when healthy alone is worth a first hes one of the top running backs in the league.
and i know pretty much everyone on this thing hates ginn but hes a playmaker could imagine him with someone like B. Marshall on the otherside?
porter alone should bring us a fourth alone but i do like the idea of bringing in scheffler.
cj spiller is a stud ill give you that but not what we need 2 become a superbowl contender

i dont like the idea of really any of that bro... sorry but ronnie when healthy alone is worth a first hes one of the top running backs in the league.
and i know pretty much everyone on this thing hates ginn but hes a playmaker could imagine him with someone like B. Marshall on the otherside?
porter alone should bring us a fourth alone but i do like the idea of bringing in scheffler.
cj spiller is a stud ill give you that but not what we need 2 become a superbowl contender

When healthy are the magic words speaking about R.Brown. As he gets older do you really think he will hold up better in the long run? His value is now and CJ could easily be had with our first giving our offense another weapon.

What does any player have to do with Ginns propensity to drop easy passes? Ginn isn't failing because of the coverage he faces, he's failing because of a lack of skills needed to be a consistant successful WR.

The only players I would trade for are Marshall and Sheffler (Porter, Ginn, 2nd, and lower round pick)

If Wilfork or Hampton become FAs sign one of them (draft a NT if neither are available)

Sign Dansby

Draft ILB, OLB, WR/RB (return guy), LG, and RB (Ricky's replacement)
(BPA in the appropriate rounds)

The only players I would trade for are Marshall and Sheffler (Porter, Ginn, 2nd, and lower round pick)

If Wilfork or Hampton become FAs sign one of them (draft a NT if neither are available)

Sign Dansby

Draft ILB, OLB, WR/RB (return guy), LG, and RB (Ricky's replacement)
(BPA in the appropriate rounds)

I can't see Denver thinking good value for a stud WR and a strong TE is gonna be an aging J.Porter, a KR in Ginn, a 2nd and late round pick. I would think you would have to move some higher picks and/or better players. I would think there will be a lineup for BM's services, let's go after T.Scheffler he'll cost less but have a great effect on our offense.

Hard to think we could trade for BM, sign Wilfork and Dansby. That seems alittle far fetched dosen't it? Money wise and the fact that there are 30 other teams that also would probably have some interest in these FA's.

Back
Top Bottom