An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Dolphins sign:
Jason Taylor...The 7th ranked 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Yes, and a big raise.

Jason Ferguson...Hey,he wants to keep playing and he wants to be a Dolphin. Ferguson is still a mid to highly rated NT. Far better than Soliai or what Dan Williams would bring his rookie season.

QB David Carr...Parcell's has always thought David got a raw deal in Houston. Bill went out of his way to personally encourage Carr when Parcell's, professionally, had nothing to do with him or his situation.
Parcell's is a Carr fan and Giants coaches have spoken publicly about Carr still being a huge talent waiting to happen. This could happen, unlikely as it may seem, it could be another Rich Gannon story.

AJ Hawk.. The beat writer for the Packers has written that he believes Hawk will be cut because of his high salary and his inability to make plays. Reported by rotoworld. Hawk would still cost a lot to land in this years environment but the Dolphins were paying Torbor over 3 mil and Hawk is way better. Hawk is still rated the 28th best ILB in the NFL whereas Crowder and Ayodele were rated rock bottom.

Muhsin Muhammed...Ya, he still wants to play. Not much as far as a receiving threat but Muhammed is still the best blocking WR in the NFL and nobody else is even close, not even Hines Ward. He is also known to be a leader an a super high character guy. He would be perfect for helping guys like Ginn,Hudgins,Juliuss Pruitt and Brennan Marion.

Ben Watson...Watson has been playing much better lately but his history with the Pats hasn't been good. If he wants to, he can play at an elite level. He is still one of the fastest and most athletic TE's in the league. Maybe they can motivate him in Miami.

Cuts: Reggie Torbor,Akin Ayodele,Joey Porter,Gibril Wilson,Channing Crowder.

Dolphins trade NT Paul Soliai to KC for ILB Derrick Johnson. Very simple deal here; Johnson wants guaentees or he is demanding to be let go and Paul has had plenty of opportunity in Miami and it is time for him to move on. Dolphins need a Will LB and the Cheif's are running a 3-4 without a true NT. Bill speaks to his son-in-law and it's done.

Dolphins trade Tyler Thigpen,Donald Thomas, and Phillip Merling to the Rams for their 3rd round pick. This takes a huge weight off the Rams.
Thigpen is a very good #2 and could start if the rookie they draft isn't ready. Phillip Merling was the 32nd pick a couple years ago. Merling is a prototypical 4-3 End, he is NOT a 5-technique. The Dolphins have him out there looking fat and stupid. He was the "BPA" but he has never fit the system. For God sake trade the kid and let him lose the fat and play his natural position. He will be a perfect replacement for Leonard Little.
Rams also lack depth on their OL. Another thing, none of these guys cost much. This is a very good deal for the Rams. Dolphins should have received their 2nd.

Dolphins trade Patrick Cobbs and Patrick Turner to Seattle for their 6th.
Pete Carroll gets his WR back.(Sorry,I'm still bitter about that pick and I can't wait til he is gone.) I love Cobbs too but I think the Dolphins need to look to the future and Sheets or Coker could be the future. Again I think this a steal for the Seahawks because Cobbs alone is worth a 5th.

Dolphins trade Greg Camarillo to the Bears for their 6th. Cutler does back flips. A polished WR who finishes his routes and catches everything. A perfect fit for the Bears. Brian Hartline is Camarillo only much faster.

Dolphins trade down in the 2nd round and give up a 7th and get a 4th.

There is a very good chance that Denver trades Brandon Marshall and drafts Dez Bryant soooooo

Draft:
1st..............................Rolando McClain...............Mike LB
2nd.............................Jon Asamoah...................RG/Super smart, very high character guy with low body fat. 4yr starter at RG will step right in and start. The Dolphins finally get their top 5 OL.
3rd..............................Austen Lane.....................Jack LB/JT's young apprentice
3rd..............................Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.........FS/CB/KR/PR Listed as a CB he actually played a position in their defensive scheme that was far more FS than CB. Div 2 diamond in the rough huge threat in the return game. 8 interceptions,ball hawk,needs to work on his tackling
4th.............................Jay Ross..........................NT/ National honors student. Played all last year with nagging injuries. I'm not convinced that Dan Williams is going to be a better pro DT than Jay Ross and Ross comes much cheaper.
4th.............................Jimmy Graham..................TE/ Huge!! upside
5th.............................Danny Batten...................Sam LB/LS Could be the steal of the draft. Kid does everything well including dropping in coverage.
6th.............................LaMarcus Coker.................RB/ Supposedley a changed man. Just ran a 4.2 forty before his Bowl game and wants to race Chris Johnson.
6th.............................Terrell Hudgins..................WR/ Holder of all the major NCAA div 1 receiving records. Big 6'2" 236 lbs. slow
6th............................. DeMarcus Granger.............NT/If he grows up someday he may be great. walterfootball.com had him projected in the 1-2 range after his sohpomore season until he shoplifted.
6th .............................Nolan Carroll.....................CB/Drafted mostly on potential. Got injured his senior year and doesn't have much of a body of work. Great size and speed.
7th..............................Clinton Snyder..................LB/Stanford's best defender blew out his LDL and will probably miss most of the offseason and end up on the PS. Twice the player that JD Folsom was.

Roster:
QB.......Carr,Henne,White...Improved,even if there is no Carr fairy tale.
RB.......Ronnie,Ricky,Sheets,Coker...Improved because of the youth
FB.......Polite,Hilliard.......No room for improvement really.
WR......Hartline,Bess,Muhammad,Ginn,Hudgins/ Marion and Pruitt may compete Improved,maturity,leadership
TE.......Fasano,Watson,Graham...Improved
OT......Long,Carey,Garner,Gardner....Improved a little with maurity
C/OG...Grove,Smiley,Asamoah,Berger,Tsoumpas..Vastly improved

DT......Ferguson,Ross,Granger.....No improvement this year
DE......Starks,Langford,McDaniel,Baker,Illama Francis....Improved,Langford continues to get better,McDaniel's 2nd year in the 3-4 syatem, I like the Baker kids chances of making the rotation.
ILB......McClain,Johnson,Hawk,Charlie Anderson...Vastly!!! improved,Anderson was already playing some Will LB in practice towards the end of the season.
OLB.....JT,Cam Wake,Batten,Moses,Lane/Improved,Wake becomes a complete player and this is great depth.
S........Bell,Clemons,Culver,Okwasi Owusu-Ansah/Improved
CB......Davis,Smith,Allen,Allen,Carroll/Improved,maturity and Will Allen will make an excellent nickel back.

K........Carpenter
P........Feilds
LS......Batten

I know it isn't much consolation for those who wanted to trade for an elite WR but when this team moves into the 2011 offseason which hopefully has a new CBA, the Dolphins will be way,way,way under any new cap and will be in prime position for what should be a huge bumper crop of elite UFA's.

If Ronnie and Ricky could just stay healthy this OL could take this team places.

Don't be afraid to comment on what you like as well as what you hate.

we won't cut crowder IMO

Tell ya what, lets pretend the Dolphins traded him for a 5th because I actually screwed up and forgot the Dolphins didn't have a 5th round pick.

That way the mock still works.

Three young guy's that have started in the NFL for a 3rd round pick? WTF Cut Crowder?

I stopped reading when you suggested trading our OL Thomas. That man is young and a future pro bowler in the making. This move would be boneheaded.

"Dolphins trade Tyler Thigpen,Donald Thomas, and Phillip Merling to the Rams for their 3rd round pick." and "Dolphins trade Greg Camarillo to the Bears for their 6th."

:jcane: dumbest ideas in 2010 so far. put down your joystick and back away.

I suggest a new title for this thread.

"Miami Dolphins Offseason in Madden 10"

Most of these ideas are ridiculous...

Packers Cut Hawk?

Trade Thigpen, Thomas, and Merling for a 3rd round pick?

and according to roster start david carr...lol

Back
Top Bottom