Analyzing and Evaluating the 3-4 Defense. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analyzing and Evaluating the 3-4 Defense.

The "MIKE" is on the weakside in a MIKE/TED version of the 3-4.......with the "TED" being lined up on the strongside....

It would be the opposite for a MIKE/MAC system....the "Mike" would line up in a 2-technique on the strongside..with the "MAC" lined up in a 2-gap on the weakside...

Oh ok, that's where I got confused. Just so we're on the same page: in a Ted/Mike, Spikes would be Ted and McClain would be Mike. And in a Mike/Mac, Spikes is the Mike and McClain is Mac. Correct?

Oh ok, that's where I got confused. Just so we're on the same page: in a Ted/Mike, Spikes would be Ted and McClain would be Mike. And in a Mike/Mac, Spikes is the Mike and McClain is Mac. Correct?

That's the way I would run it.....obviously you can still rotate in an over/under front in either system....

The 3-4 is a great system if you have the Jimmy's and Joe's. One of the problems we have had the past couple of years is lack of talent. It's getting better but no coordinator is going to flourish after loosing a #1 corner and your 3-4 NT, well not with our ILB's and FS any way.

I love the 34 D and I like the 43 D..I really like being balanced like we were with Saban...

I hate him alot..but Our d was sick when we had him..

I really like Nolan I am positve he will do a great job tho

We need young linebackers that can make plays and have a mean streak. Watching Crowder through the years he strikes no fear, he has hair like a girl and laughs like a girl when there's a scrap. Hello McClain or Graham or Witherspoon.

Back
Top Bottom