And Darryl Gardner goes to........(merged 2x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And Darryl Gardner goes to........(merged 2x)

Ok first off, we are going to get some misinformation along with the good information when rumors are posted.

I believe DCH does the best he can in reporting what he hears. That's it. I watch to see if what he has posted comes to fruition, and if it doesn't then he was either mis-informed, or things changed.

The guy isn't going to be flawless, and I see no reason to call him out over something as trivial as this.

Lord I swear, sometimes as fans we get so hell bent on every little piece of information that we bicker over the lamest things.

I'm sure there could be a logical (or illogical rather, as in Tim Bowens is just kinda flaky) explanation for the discrepancy.
I don't see that there's that much discrepancy.

It's a work environment, and there are a lot of aspects to working with other people. It seems possible to say (and mean) that so-and-so took certain actions that hurt the team and should therefore be let go, while at the same time missing the person and wishing they were still around.

If you consider TimBo's recent quote as shorthand for "I wish Daryl hadn't let the issues get so bad that it came to this," then I think it could still be a heartfelt sentiment from a guy who also happened to be instrumental in the more unfortunate part of the work that had to be done.

Jeff

PS: There's also the possiblility that TimBo was just being PC. The laundry got done, why continue to wave the dirties for everyone to see?

"PS: There's also the possiblility that TimBo was just being PC. The laundry got done, why continue to wave the dirties for everyone to see?"

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that one.

What's TimBo going to do? Sit there and say "DG was an ass and I hope he falls flat on his face wherever he goes"?

What's with the attacks on DCH the last few days?

Its not an attack on DCH so much as me being p!ssed at TimBo's comments to the paper. If you're being PC then that ain't the way to do it. He lamented that DG wasn't here anymore. If he was trying to just put the reporters on he could have given a statement like Jason Taylor. JT's statement was perfectly PC...he said exactly what he should have said.

What I'm p!ssed about is we've had this picture painted for us the last few weeks that like everyone on the team hated DG, a bunch of guys like Zach, JT, and Tim Bowens (according to DCH) came forward to DW and lobbied for his release, etc. Then all the sudden DG comes in and stirs the pot once and there's an outbreak of strife in the locker room over the whole thing with a bunch of players giving quite a different impression from the one that we had been given by the media. I assume DCH's inside sources have to do with the media (Alex Marvez etc) so like I said, even the best insider gets an untrue lump of **** once in while. I apologize if I gave the impression that I thought he was doing it on purpose.

Umm it's called being "politically correct". You didn't fully expect the entire team to have one single thought did you? There are obviously some who are glad he's gone and there are some who wonder why they would do such a thing and then there are those on the team that don't care. Then of course there are those that quite frankly won't comment on it anymore then to say they will miss him because they don't want to see their comments all across north american newspapers even if they are lying their butt off.

Quite frankly I believe TimBo is lying his butt off. His comments were pretty generic and PC. If I was in his position I probably would have been PC also, because I would think it's something that isn't the business of the media and the fans (his personal relationship with Gardener).

All this going after DCH for this though is pretty daft. He has a solid track record the past 4 years (and I've followed his posts for the past 2) of being on the ball more then ANY OTHER POSTER around. I was always amazed when there wouldn't be any talk on a subject and then DCH would post and a week later the Herald or Sentinal would have a story on the subject.

Dang CK, relax man, BFD Gardner stopped by camp, I am sure it will be forgotten by the time the games begin. On top of that I would hope these guys are able to put that kinda stuff to the back burnner and forget it. If not, we have more to worry about than winning games. We would have a team of little boys that are playing pop warner ball , not pro ball.

I really don't think this is an issue AT ALL. I think it's getting more talk HERE than it is in Davie. Players will be PC. And there is such a thing as "bygons".

The team leaders "like Bowens and Zach" are probably good/regular guys who don't wish bad onto anyone. So there's a good chance that they really DO wish DG luck.

I'm sorry I guess we're not allowed to point out when the great DCH is wrong about something. Next time I'll remember to turn my head the other way like a good little automaton. Geez fellas ya'll need to lighten up about DCH I'm sure if I were in his shoes I certainly wouldn't like how everyone acts about him. He MAY have been wrong. I pointed it out because I was pissed off about all this strife popping up all the sudden where we were being given the impression by the media that it didn't exist. So I pointed out that its quite surprising Tim's statements considering DCH's previous report. Big frickin deal guys. Ya'll gettin more p!ssed than even DCH would (unless he's a huge egomaniac which from talking to him I am most definitely positive he is NOT).

I also draw comparisons to when you break up with a wife. She's tall, has long legs, big boobs, nice ass, beautiful smile and long hair. She' built perfectly. She cooks, cleans, she's great in bed. And you have great conversation. You love her. So you get married. And after four years of marraige, you decide to get a big house and get the nice car.

But soon after, the luvin' gets "regular" and she starts doing things that really piss you off. She starts ignoring you and stops pulling her weight around the house. She's starting to drag you down as well. You can still see the potential in her.....the girl that you married four years ago. But she always seems to fail you.

After two years of this hell, you finally decide that despite the massive financial hit your about to take, it's time to cut bait and divorce. You've bent over backwards and you've held out hope. But your miserable and you've had enough. So you cut bait and it hurts. But you still wish her luck and wish her the best. And sometimes, you will miss her and wish she was still there. But that's nostalia taking. You know you did the right thing and there's no two ways about it.

Muck that was pretty good...couldn't have come with a better analysis myself...your right CK..I don't know whether to laugh or cry...but I know we have to move forward...good post muck

DG does get to keep all that lovely cash we gave him as a signing bonus last year, so he's got plenty of $$$$. It will be interesting to see him on a decent D playing DT again - if he can last the year.

Back
Top Bottom