And our defense stops who?... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And our defense stops who?...

Nice additions to our special teams and the “trenchesâ€. So what does that mean when we face our AFC East opponents? If the Dolphins and every other team got a little bit better, what does that mean for us? I hope we can keep opposing offenses off the field, but Brady and Moss don’t need much time of possession to put three touchdowns on you. I don’t see us scaring anybody yet…
patience grasshopper ...you have to crawl before you walk

The only way to beat great QBs like Brady and Manning is to pressure them consistently all game. If you try to beat NE in the secondary they will simply spread you out and run it up the gut.

I think we have drafted very well... two extremely motivated DEs... Holliday and Roth will be pushed to get downs...

We had a horrible defense until Jimmy Johnson came along and took charge. The first thing he did was stop the run and he did that by getting a solid rotation on the DL. Muller and Cam messed that up last year which caused I beleive the whole problem with the defense. In fact if they had left the defense alone and kept the DL coach they would probably both be here for at least another year. Anyway now we have it appears a deep DL line again that can be rotated to stay fresh. I like the 4-3 better than the 3 -4 because the 4-3 I believe allows you to stop the run better and the 3-4 helps to stop the pass. Shula had the 3-4 and we struggled too and thats another reason why I like the 4-3. Once we have the run locked down then you work on the pass protection. Thats when Jimmy drafted Madison and Surtain after he rebuilt the DL his first year. The difference I see between Jimmy and Parcells it appears that Jimmy will draft any type of player if he appears productive compared to Parcells whom has to have his prototype player. Parcells method limits you to the number of players you can draft and I beleive he missed out. JT and ZT would never have been drafted by Parcells and look how goos they became. If there is a hole in Parcells system this is it. As they used to say Shula could beat you with his players or your players but Parcells will only allow himself to beat you with his players!

Nice additions to our special teams and the “trenchesâ€. So what does that mean when we face our AFC East opponents? If the Dolphins and every other team got a little bit better, what does that mean for us? I hope we can keep opposing offenses off the field, but Brady and Moss don’t need much time of possession to put three touchdowns on you. I don’t see us scaring anybody yet…

so you're are upset that we don't scare anyone after 3 months of rebuilding following a 1-15 season?? what did you expect?

Back
Top Bottom