And with the 8th pick, the Dolphins should select........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And with the 8th pick, the Dolphins should select........

juicifer1269

Starter
Reaction score
I'm going to start this thread off by saying I've been all over the board on who I want the Dolphins to select at #8. I am going to list in order who I want or think they should pick. I'm also going to assume that nobody who isn't expected to be there, isn't going to be there.
1. Ryan Tannehill. I absolutely do not want to trade up to get him though. If he is gone by #8, so be it. I would rather select Kirk Cousins in the 2nd or 3rd and go after one of the 1st round QBs next year. And if Tannehill is gone....
2. Michael Floyd. I think there are only 2 elite receivers this year, Blackmon and Floyd. I really believe the Dolphins should go with somebody on offense if they draft at #8....
3. Try to trade back and aquire more picks. Even if they just trade down 2 or 3 spots, it will net them at least another 3rd round pick. The farther the move down, the more or better picks they will receive. If they move down 3 to 5 spots, I'd like Floyd if he's still there or Kuchley, or DeCastro. If they move down farther, I really like safety Michael Barron or CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, or even Cordy Glenn, or one of the OTs.
4. Quinton Coples. I like Coples a little bit more than Melvin Ingram.

I'd love to hear what everybody thinks. By the time this is actually posted, I'm sure ill have changed my mind again.

Ryan Tannehill. Provided he did well on the chalkboard.

Otherwise....David Decastro. The dude will flat out make us a better offense. Coples or someone else wont neccessarily make our defense better.

You don't draft stinking ****ing OL in the first round if you don't have playmakers. With the 8th pick we should draft a QB, DE, LB, WR, or TE.

Blackmon if he falls to us, if not take the best offensive lineman on the board.

Trade down. We are not one player away. With lots of holes to fill I'd try to move back to the middle of the first. Drafting a QB is still a must but it doesn't have to be Tannehill.

the draft is deep with WR's and o-linemen but not with pass rushers so if Tannehill is gone I'd love to move down and get more picks and then draft the best pass rusher on their board....you can go QR and OT or OG later.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree with most of the responses so far. The Dolphins need in no particular order are at least 2 offensive lineman (Guard and RT), a QB to groom behind Moore, two WRs, DE, OLB, and secondary. I guess just about everything except RB, so they could use as many impact rookies in the draft as possible.

QB or WR with our 1st pick, whenever that first pick happens to occur. Blackmon won't be there at 8, Floyd might be. If we can't trade and Tannehill and Blackmon are both gone we have to go Floyd if he's still there.

Tannehill looks like the pick right now. there is no greater need on the team and if they think he is a franchise guy, they should take him and not look back. if no Tannehill, trading back would be ideal, but it takes two to dance and there isn't always a partner. I am warming to Floyd although the alcohol issues are troubling. Coples is boom or bust and incredibly risky ay #8. so, I'm with- still undecided

I'm going to start this thread off by saying I've been all over the board on who I want the Dolphins to select at #8. I am going to list in order who I want or think they should pick. I'm also going to assume that nobody who isn't expected to be there, isn't going to be there.
1. Ryan Tannehill. I absolutely do not want to trade up to get him though. If he is gone by #8, so be it. I would rather select Kirk Cousins in the 2nd or 3rd and go after one of the 1st round QBs next year. And if Tannehill is gone....
2. Michael Floyd. I think there are only 2 elite receivers this year, Blackmon and Floyd. I really believe the Dolphins should go with somebody on offense if they draft at #8....
3. Try to trade back and aquire more picks. Even if they just trade down 2 or 3 spots, it will net them at least another 3rd round pick. The farther the move down, the more or better picks they will receive. If they move down 3 to 5 spots, I'd like Floyd if he's still there or Kuchley, or DeCastro. If they move down farther, I really like safety Michael Barron or CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, or even Cordy Glenn, or one of the OTs.
4. Quinton Coples. I like Coples a little bit more than Michael Ingram.

I'd love to hear what everybody thinks. By the time this is actually posted, I'm sure ill have changed my mind again.

Trade down and draft DeCastro!!!!!

Tannehill should be the pick but with WAKE holding out the GM has put the franchise in a tough position where it may be forced to draft Ingram or trade down to get extra picks and draft more pass rushers. I dont think coples has the heart to be picked #8.

if it's me, im trading down and picking up a 2nd round pick. I'm taking whitney mercilus in round 1 he's the next JPP. in round 2 im taking tannehill if he fell, if not im fine with rueben randel and then bobby massie the OT from ole miss. in round 3 im taking a wideout and a QB to develop. in rounds 4-7 im grabbing passrushers and dbacks

Ryan Tannehill. Provided he did well on the chalkboard.

Otherwise....David Decastro. The dude will flat out make us a better offense. Coples or someone else wont neccessarily make our defense better.

You can't take an interior lineman with the 8th pick. You're right, he will help, no doubt but that's not the type of impact player you need to get at 8. If he's there, you take Claiborne over a lineman.

Back
Top Bottom