And with the 8th pick, the Dolphins should select........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And with the 8th pick, the Dolphins should select........

You don't draft stinking ****ing OL in the first round if you don't have playmakers. With the 8th pick we should draft a QB, DE, LB, WR, or TE.

Its not about playmakers. Its about the value of the draft. Lots of DE/OLB to choose from at 2nd/3rd round. WR's are all over the place and its deep. TE is weak and the one I like is doable in the 4th round. You pick the best player at any position with need overriding others who rank close.

the draft is deep with WR's and o-linemen but not with pass rushers so if Tannehill is gone I'd love to move down and get more picks and then draft the best pass rusher on their board....you can go QR and OT or OG later.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont know about that notion of lack of pass rushers. Two that are climbing draft boards are Irvin who is flat out fastest pass rusher out there and has moves and the Boise St. kid.

So Coples, Ingram, Mercilus, Upshaw, Curry, and the two above with some others i have missed.

if it's me, im trading down and picking up a 2nd round pick. I'm taking whitney mercilus in round 1 he's the next JPP. in round 2 im taking tannehill if he fell, if not im fine with rueben randel and then bobby massie the OT from ole miss. in round 3 im taking a wideout and a QB to develop. in rounds 4-7 im grabbing passrushers and dbacks

Not a bad mock there. Kudo's.:brewskis:

if it's me, im trading down and picking up a 2nd round pick. I'm taking whitney mercilus in round 1 he's the next JPP. in round 2 im taking tannehill if he fell, if not im fine with rueben randel and then bobby massie the OT from ole miss. in round 3 im taking a wideout and a QB to develop. in rounds 4-7 im grabbing passrushers and dbacks

ZERO chance of that happening

I'm going to start this thread off by saying I've been all over the board on who I want the Dolphins to select at #8. I am going to list in order who I want or think they should pick. I'm also going to assume that nobody who isn't expected to be there, isn't going to be there.
1. Ryan Tannehill. I absolutely do not want to trade up to get him though. If he is gone by #8, so be it. I would rather select Kirk Cousins in the 2nd or 3rd and go after one of the 1st round QBs next year. And if Tannehill is gone....
2. Michael Floyd. I think there are only 2 elite receivers this year, Blackmon and Floyd. I really believe the Dolphins should go with somebody on offense if they draft at #8....
3. Try to trade back and aquire more picks. Even if they just trade down 2 or 3 spots, it will net them at least another 3rd round pick. The farther the move down, the more or better picks they will receive. If they move down 3 to 5 spots, I'd like Floyd if he's still there or Kuchley, or DeCastro. If they move down farther, I really like safety Michael Barron or CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, or even Cordy Glenn, or one of the OTs.
4. Quinton Coples. I like Coples a little bit more than Michael Ingram.

I'd love to hear what everybody thinks. By the time this is actually posted, I'm sure ill have changed my mind again.
Who is Michael Ingram?

Tannehill or trade down if he is gone. We are going to be kicking ourselves if we let Tannehill get by us and he turns into a franchise QB.....I would not trade up to get him though as we we have lots of needs and can't give away picks.

No........No...........and No! Haven't we spent enough 1st round picks on O-lineman? Please.......................................................................

Dammit you know we have to draft a lineman every year for 5 years than we can look at a qb lol

IMO we take the BPA. We have holes in every position probably except RB when you think about it.

Moore is a good starter at QB, but he could be upgarded with either Tannehill or Weeden, although I wouldnt trade up for either.
WR is a big need, so either Blackmon or Floyd would be instant starters.
We need another DE, ILB, S or CB. Coples, Ingram, Kuechely, Claiborne or even trading down for Barron would help.

If we dont trade down, then the only players I would grab at 8 would be Blackmon, tannehill, Claiborne, Kuechely. the rest I would trade down for & grab an extra pick.

IMO we take the BPA. We have holes in every position probably except RB when you think about it.

Moore is a good starter at QB, but he could be upgarded with either Tannehill or Weeden, although I wouldnt trade up for either.
WR is a big need, so either Blackmon or Floyd would be instant starters.
We need another DE, ILB, S or CB. Coples, Ingram, Kuechely, Claiborne or even trading down for Barron would help.

If we dont trade down, then the only players I would grab at 8 would be Blackmon, tannehill, Claiborne, Kuechely. the rest I would trade down for & grab an extra pick.
Weedon isnt an upgrade over Moore.

Tannehill. He has the tools to become a franchise QB and we cannot keep passing up these opportunities. Not every QB prospect is a Andrew Luck but we have got to take chances. If we keep waiting around until we find a Luck-esque prospect then we will continue to struggle. Take a shot with Tannehill. If he is gone, then I would go Coples or Kuechly.

Back
Top Bottom