And yet another option... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And yet another option...

ChaozFilms

It aint over till Queen Latifah sings!
Reaction score
Supposing that we can't get Brees in FA and Cutler is gone by the 16th pick would it be worth spending some big money on someone like say T.O. and keep Gus around one more year. Next year not so many teams will be out for QB's on the first day (most QB's in trouble got thrown out this year) and we may have a chance at someone like Brady Quinn. Is that an option?

Also, what about Marcus Vick. Not much gets said about this guy, probably because of his off the field issues, but I've seen the guy play and he has more potential than Michael Vick...do you think someone like Saban can keep him in check? He may be a late draft project a la Tom Brady (well, Brady wasn't a troubled player, but you get the point).

ChaozFilms said:
Supposing that we can't get Brees in FA and Cutler is gone by the 16th pick would it be worth spending some big money on someone like say T.O. and keep Gus around one more year. Next year not so many teams will be out for QB's on the first day (most QB's in trouble got thrown out this year) and we may have a chance at someone like Brady Quinn. Is that an option?

Also, what about Marcus Vick. Not much gets said about this guy, probably because of his off the field issues, but I've seen the guy play and he has more potential than Michael Vick...do you think someone like Saban can keep him in check? He may be a late draft project a la Tom Brady (well, Brady wasn't a troubled player, but you get the point).

QUINN WILL BE THE 1ST PICK NEXT, PROBALLY...:(

unless we completely tank this year, we'll have no shot at quinn, who's the easy favorite to go #1 overall next year. assuming we don't sign brees, i expect the future QB situation to be solved in this draft anyway.

ChaozFilms said:

I think Vick would be a great pick in the 7th round. The return on the investment could be huge! and if it doesnt work out... its no big deal... most 7th rounders dont make their teams anyway...

However, I think it is going to be impossible to land Brady Quinn next year, unless we plummet this season. As of right now, he will be one of the top picks in the draft... if not #1 overall...

I would LOVE to get Quinn... I just dont see it happening...

I don't me for this to come out and me sound like I'm a jerk, but here goes....

Saban will never sign any more trouble makers after what Ricky did so don't concern your self with TO Marcus Vick kind of guys.

He already got speghetti sauce on his tie do you think he'll order another plate?

I don't think that the Ricky fiasco will hurt Saban at all...honestly, what did we lose by bringing Ricky back a year? He gave us a productive year for a back splitting carries. He helped out Ronnie. Without Ricky we might've been 4-12 again, or 5-11 and none of us would be talking about getting big name free agents because no 6-game winning streak means no credibility. We may have lost a draft pick we never had, but I think the 9-7 record is worth more than another 2nd round draft pick and a 5-11 record.

If we were to wait till next year, I wouldn't mind Drew Stanton. Also remember what Mueller said, we will most likely draft a QB every year. :)

We could draft Drew Tate next year. Hey...I can dream.

I really don't think Saban would take Vick. If we miss out on Brees, I think the Dolphins will look to draft either Brodie Croyle, Charlie Whitehurst or Omar Jacobs in the 3rd round range.

whats the deal with Ryan Mcneal from Texas A & M? I hear him getting touted as a steal. I saw a clip of him and he reminded me of Young except a little smaller. I think this may be someone we look at too. If we get Brees, I say we will draft another QB too. If we dont get a QB FA, I say we could end up with Whitehurst and a 7th rounder as well. There is a kid from Missouri Brad Smith that could get some looksies as a steal.

Saying Marcus Vick has anywhere near the Talent of Michael is an insult to football

That said no way we get a QB next year especially Quinn

Alex22 said:
Saying Marcus Vick has anywhere near the Talent of Michael is an insult to football
not really, they're pretty similar. michael is a better runner, marcus is a better passer. both aren't good though...

Back
Top Bottom