Anderson to the Phins with #9 Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anderson to the Phins with #9 Pick

In the salary cap era, teams cannot afford to waste high draft picks, other than on QB, to "groom" behind a veteran. Whenever JT's on field performance tails off to the point where he is no longer worth being the starter, that is when you find his replacement. The guy just came off his best year ever, defensive MVP, and now we need to find his eventual replacement? This team has too many need positions to spend top 10 picks on players we won't need yet.

That being said, if Anderson is BPA at 9, I have no problem taking him. But not because this team will need a DE in 2009, 2010 when JT is done.

whoa now , hold the book mobile truck up here fellas what if we could trade down with green bay and pick up a 2nd and 4th rd pick i dont see how this would be a bad idea if it could take place.
for instance in rd1 we take ilb patrick willis
2a we take trent edwards
2b we take ot marshal yanda
2c we take wr sidney rice

rd3 we take rb dewayne wright
rd4a we take c kyle young
rd4b we take qb josh beck

rd5 we take a olb chad nkang
rd6 we take a cb marcus hamilton
rd6b we take a punter

rd 7 we take a hybrid de/olb victor de grate
7b we take a dt
what would be wrong with this if it could be done which i think it can.

whoa now , hold the book mobile truck up here fellas what if we could trade down with green bay and pick up a 2nd and 4th rd pick i dont see how this would be a bad idea if it could take place.
2a we take trent edwards

rd6b we take a punter

7b we take a dt

Doubt we take two QB's in the first four rounds...

I like Jamaal Anderson. At some point we need to realise how important JT is to our success. It wouldn't hurt to have a guy with some experience to take over from him when he retires, which could be as soon as next season. If Quinn is gone I think we should take a long, hard look at Anderson. He's better in run support than Gaines Adams.

success?!?! what success?!!?!? we suck!!!

we need a franchise qb my friend. No adding to a d-line that is alreeady in the top 5-10 in the league. When JT retires we'll address it but for now we need a qb and fast.

1st rd J Anderson or Carriker
2a Ugoh or D Free
2b Edwards or Beck
I could see this happening we have no depth at DE and could you amagine what a OT and a QB would be thinking If Porter came up behind one of these stud DE to blitz and JT was somewhere on there blindside

Seriously if I heard his name when we pick at nine on draft day, i would vomit in my mouth then swallow to get over the shock. i seriosuly hate watching our drafts because we have made some insane picks(Fletcher over brees, Moore over anybody, Avery over anybody and trading down, Wade Smith ugh, Billy Milner super ugh and lets not forget last year Jason allen with mcNeil still on board).

You are sooooooooooo right. Hey, for all those of us that say..."hmmm....I wouldn't MIND having Anderson".......I hope that you mean that you would like to have him provided we don't take him in Round 1. Hey, I am sick of waiting for the QB to fall to us from outer space, and I am even sicker of using other team's rejects.

I also believe, that we should pick a QB in every draft.

I don't think Miami would take Jamaal Anderson over Carriker... If Miami goes for a DE.. Carriker would be the one, IMO.

I would take Anderson, more of a pure pass rusher. That being said, I think that Nebraska's system called on Carriker to play more of a contain role, limiting his sack numbers and such. Apparently he was able to turn it on at the Senior Bowl and really turned some heads. They both have great size and can move really well. Tough call, but I would take Anderson (and maybe live to regret it.)

I am in agreement that Defensive End has to be addressed but I believe that it is an area that could be addressed next year. We have far more pressing needs this year than to waste a high pick on defensive end unless we feel that a DE is the BPA when we draft and with the talent at the top of this draft I find it hard to believe that a DE will be the BPA(unless Adams falls and he won't!).

success?!?! what success?!!?!? we suck!!!

we need a franchise qb my friend. No adding to a d-line that is alreeady in the top 5-10 in the league. When JT retires we'll address it but for now we need a qb and fast.

And having the 4th ranked defense in the league is not some degree of success? Put it another way my friend, how bad would we be without JT?

Seriously if I heard his name when we pick at nine on draft day, i would vomit in my mouth then swallow to get over the shock. i seriosuly hate watching our drafts because we have made some insane picks(Fletcher over brees, Moore over anybody, Avery over anybody and trading down, Wade Smith ugh, Billy Milner super ugh and lets not forget last year Jason allen with mcNeil still on board).
Please don't remind me. Let's not forget the fact that McNeil and Ronnie played together in college. Would have been great to reunite together.

2a we take trent edwards

rd6b we take a punter

7b we take a dt

I think that Beck will be long gone before Round #4. You might see the action heat up for him throughout all of next week

Back
Top Bottom