Andre Woodson's Pro Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Woodson's Pro Day

Nfldraftscout has all the proday results. As well as Pro day leaderboards.

Andre Woodson has been one of the most heavily scrutinized players during the NFL Draft process. And after spending the past two months reading and hearing about how his stock has fallen, the former University of Kentucky quarterback is hoping for a strong finish leading up to the April 26-27 draft in New York City. Woodson took a step in that direction at UK's Pro Day workout Wednesday morning. Woodson ran the 40-yard dash in a respectable 4.8 seconds despite battling a slightly pulled hamstring, and he looked sharp throwing the ball to former UK receivers Keenan Burton, Steve Johnson and Jacob Tamme as scouts from 25 NFL teams looked on. "I think I made a good statement with the way I threw ball, and I think a lot of people noticed that," Woodson said. "All of my balls were accurate, and I think I did a good job of putting some power in it." Woodson, who passed for 3,709 yards and 40 touchdowns with just 11 interceptions as a senior, was seen as a probable first-round pick for much of the season. But an inconsistent showing in the Senior Bowl led most analysts to drop him out of the first round. Boston College's Matt Ryan is rated as the top quarterback in the draft, followed by Louisville's Brian Brohm. Woodson is lumped in the next group of quarterbacks with Michigan's Chad Henne and Delaware's Joe Flacco. Woodson believes he can get himself back in the first round in the coming weeks. "Hearing your name get bashed day in and day out for no reason is tough, but you've just got to stay hungry," Woodson said. "Everyone who's doubting me, I'm just going to go out there and prove them wrong and do what I have to do to be successful." Woodson will conduct an individual workout with the Atlanta Falcons next week and will work out for several other teams before the draft. - Chip Cosby, Lexington Herald

His running is fine...but his hitch in his passing will keep him down.

if woodson there is there with our 2b or 3rd round pick i would like to get him

I really like Woodson last year, I dont know why his stock when down so bad. Another guy who stock has gone down and it is obvios is Colt Brennen, but Colt unlike Woodson has looked horrible.

I really like Woodson last year, I dont know why his stock when down so bad. Another guy who stock has gone down and it is obvios is Colt Brennen, but Colt unlike Woodson has looked horrible.

I can tell you why its down. He has a hitch in his throwing motion, causing his release to be slow and his passes inaccurate for passes longer than short routes. When his pocket collapes he makes horrible decisions or fumbles the ball. A couple of years ago when he had the "great" season he did it because he was asked to throw mostly short routes and bubble screens. Until this past year he wasn't asked to throw very many deep balls.

I'll pass on Woodson, thanks. The player mentioned in this post that we SHOULD be interested in is Keenan Burton. That kid is a hell of a player.

That kid is fast. Of course he should be, he runs track besides being on the football team.

We should draft him when he comes out that way we will have two receivers that no cb can cover in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom