Andrew Luck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck

DaLionsden189

Practice Squad
Reaction score
O.k just got done watching the *** whooping he put on Virginia Tech Chokies. And i am a believer that Luck is the real deal. We need to draft up and get him at whatever cost! This is a franchise QB and exactly the key component of what we need! Do you see us once sacrifice maybe a first round and a future 1st rounder and possible swapping 2nd round picks to Carolina to get him?

Last edited by a moderator:
we dont have a 2nd. but we need to grab this kid. give the panthers henne, merling, crowder, this years first next years first and this years 4th or 5th and another pick from next years draft. this kid will take us to the promise land.
i know it seems like alot but i dont care this guy would be worth it. we havent had a hell of alot of luck in early rounds any way

Trades like that are just as likely to ruin a franchise as help it. Not sure it's worth the gamble. Of course I'm taking liberties assuming the franchise isn't ruined already.

whatever it takes man thats what i would do, i would honesty give up all the picks this year and maybe our 1st next year... he is the closest thing to Peyton coming out of college i have seen. I understand this is not realistic and will not happen

Welcome aboard the Luck train. Unfortunately, it will be pulling out of the station in Carolina or Buffalo...

If don't think you could offer them anything to get the pick. I know if I was a GM, I wouldn't take any trade.

we dont have a 2nd. but we need to grab this kid. give the panthers henne, merling, crowder, this years first next years first and this years 4th or 5th and another pick from next years draft. this kid will take us to the promise land.
i know it seems like alot but i dont care this guy would be worth it. we havent had a hell of alot of luck in early rounds any way

Merling, Henne, and Crowder as a package might get you a 4th right around now...LOL

madden_2011-1.jpg

O.k just got done watching the *** whooping he put on Virginia Tech Chokies. And i am a believer that Luck is the real deal. We need to draft up and get him at whatever cost! This is a franchise QB and exactly the key component of what we need! Do you see us once sacrifice maybe a first round and a future 1st rounder and possible swapping 2nd round picks to Carolina to get him?

You're assuming that the GM in Carolina doesn't feel as strongly about him as everyone else does. It's not every year that you get a shot at a prospect like Luck in the draft. It would be beyond moronic for Carolina to pass on a QB like Luck when they have Brees, Freeman and Ryan in that division. If they want any chance of competing in that division their going to need a franchise QB which Clausen is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope Carolina selects him . . . do y'all really wanna see this kid in Buffalo for the next 15 years?

You're assuming that the GM in Carolina doesn't feel as strongly about him as everyone else does. It's not every year that you get a shot at a prospect like Luck in the draft. It would be beyond moronic for Carolina to pass on a QB like Luck when they have Brees, Freeman and Ryan in that division. If they want any chance of competing in that division their going to need a franchise QB which Clausen is not.
it was kind of moronic to take jake long instead of matt ryan though also it was moronic that we took Daunte Culpepper over drew brees this franchise makes nothing but moronic moves

it was kind of moronic to take jake long instead of matt ryan though also it was moronic that we took Daunte Culpepper over drew brees this franchise makes nothing but moronic moves

Ah the Culpepper/Brees thing I can't entirely fault on Saban. He was told the shoulder was bad and might not heal properly. When Brees came he wanted 6 years/$60 million and he couldn't even throw a football at the time. I didn't want Culpepper because I hate trading draft picks especially for someone elses trash but Brees IMO was too high a risk even though it would have cost us nothing in compensation.

We could have drafted Rodgers in 2005, I'm pretty sure Saban was going to take Cutler in 2006 before Shanahan traded up for him. This franchise has had opportunities and they've let them slip. Chad Henne was the first QB we had drafted that high since Marino...we haven't taken a QB in the first round since Marino in 1983...it should be no surprise that we've been floundering since he retired. We had no succession plan. We've been rolling the dice with other teams castoffs or trading for has beens and 3rd string garbage. What we need is a coaching staff that can develop the most important position on the field and a GM with the ability (and guts) to recognize that talent and then go out and get it.

I hate doing this because I can't change the past but if we had traded the 32nd pick (Philip Merling) and the 57th pick (Chad Henne) we could have possibly traded up to the 17th pick, 18th pick for sure, of the 2008 draft and taken Joe Flacco. But then I sure as heck didn't think Flacco was going to go 18th. I thought for sure he'd be there at #32.

According to ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas, the Panthers have already decided to select Stanford QB Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall pick if he enters in the 2011 NFL draft.
Owner Jerry Richardson hinted as much in a media session Tuesday. "I think it would be somewhat unusual for us to trade down in this particular case," Richardson said. Hall of Famer and Stanford alum John Elway conceded after Monday's Orange Bowl that Luck "pretty much has to go" to the NFL considering the financial bottom line. Selecting Luck would be a concession by Carolina that Jimmy Clausen was a waste of a second-round pick. The Panthers are without their 2011 second-rounder after flipping it for receiver project Armanti Edwards in last year's draft.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Back
Top Bottom