Andrews question? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrews question?

pilotfish

Veteran.
Reaction score
I've read what appear to be conflicting articles regarding Shawn Andrews polyp surgery. Some articles suggest he still requires surgery, which he intends to get after the draft, some state that surgery has already been performed (in February).

Does he require additional surgery for the problem, or do the publications suggesting he will need surgery after the draft, simply not know what they're talking about? :confused:

I w/go w/he has had it already if I needed to guess - Boomer ?

NFL | Andrews To Undergo Procedure - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:17:07 -0800

KFFL has learned NFL draft prospect OT Shawn Andrews (nose) cannot work out at the NFL draft combine, due to polyps in his nose which lead to trouble breathing. Andrews, who played collegiately at Arkansas, will undergo a procedure a few days after the combine and his recovery will take 2-3 weeks. He will plan on working out during the school's Pro Day on March 24 at Arkansas.

As was stated in several articles here, my understanding is that he still does require the surgery. He didn't want to have it done before the draft and lower his worthiness. That said, polyps are not a "serious" medical affliction and should be just a one time problem for him....

Back
Top Bottom