Andy Cohen: Drastic Times Could Call For Drastic Actions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: Drastic Times Could Call For Drastic Actions

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Drastic Times Could Call For Drastic Actions

If the Dolphins hope to be great, they must first dare to be great. They must consider all options, and that includes trading one of their frontline, previously untouchable, defensive players in order to get an impact player on offense. As good as the Dolphins are on defense – and they have a chance to be truly special – how long can we expect them to thrive if they don’t get ample support from the offense?
shocking this is on official site :eek: :jawdrop:

jesusfreak26 said:
He is right and I always enjoy his articles.
personally, I would not consider trading OGun at all drastic considering our situation and how we spend sooo much more $$$$ on D.

If he thinks we are gonna entertain the tought of a trade of a front-line defensive starter when we won't even sign a FA WR like Freeman after Boston went down, he is crazy!

Everything that was written is true. For years I think that we have tied up too much money in the defense and now it's time to spread the wealth to the offense, even if it means losing a big name defender. I personally don't want Ogunleye to resign with the Dolphins because the type of money he wants, he is not worth. I would rather trade him for a WR or RB that can make our offense better. We have good depth on most of the defense so it's time to add some firepower to the offense. Over the past 5 or so seasons the defense has carried the team as far as they can possibly go so it is obvious that we need the offense to help the defense out now.

Excellent Article....

Andy is great Phinz writer IMO, and I always enjoy his comments. He tells it like he sees it, and I agree with him 100% regarding a trade for some offense. We have way too much invested in defense IMO, and it's been that way since Jimmy took over....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

MikeO said:
If he thinks we are gonna entertain the tought of a trade of a front-line defensive starter when we won't even sign a FA WR like Freeman after Boston went down, he is crazy!
because the FO is trying not to settle for Freeman when he is not a #2 WR anymore. They are :pray: hoping that someone can be had like McCardell to fill the #2 slot

dolphan39 said:
because the FO is trying not to settle for Freeman when he is not a #2 WR anymore. They are :pray: hoping that someone can be had like McCardell to fill the #2 slot
Problem is we need BOTH!

I am a defensive guy so it is very hard for me to say trade off a pro-bowl defensive player. Ogun is an awesome player and all but I'm starting to come around, I know we have depth at that position. I won't say this more than once go ahead and trade him for a RB/WR.

depends on what they get for him. if they trade him for keenan straight up, then no, but if it is combo deal like a-train and gage or similar then fine. i would rather resign wale, yes our defense has the money, but it is also older and wale is one of the young studs.

i say we trade o gun , madison & fiedler or 3rd round pick to washington for samuels, gardener , & ramsey how about that .

Well said Phinz... I'm glad you said it and not me.... Though I'm startin' to think it. We do have some great depth on D, and O-Gun could be a great asset in getting us an offensive powerhouse.... Crap, now I said it :yell:

You do realize Fiedler is not going anywhere this year. No chance.

If we could get a pro-bowl RB or relatively young pro-bowl WR, than sure I say trade ogun or Madison. HOWEVER, I really do not see that happening. Besides Clinton Portis and Ricky, when was the last pro-bowl back traded? It is hard to find good young players and teams are really reluctant to trade them. The only team that has two young GOOD backs is Buff, and I am not so sure I want to trade within our division. This article brings up some good points, but fails to actually give any potential trades. I just do not see any team wanting to make this trade with us at this point.

Back
Top Bottom