Andy Cohen on present and future QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen on present and future QBs

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Q. I really hope you can get to my question this week. I am a huge fan of Jay Fiedler. I believe he is underated as a quaterback in this league. Do you think he will be our starter next year and maybe draft a quaterbak instead of bringing in a veteran?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A. I do not believe Jay will be the starter next season. When you throw more interceptions than touchdown passes and when your performance is inconsistent, it's hard to argue that Jay deserves more of an opportunity. He will have a large salary cap figure next year and I just don't see the Dolphins paying it. I think they will sign a free agent quarterback as well as draft a quarterback. Jay is a great guy, but he just hasn't stepped up and done the job week in and week out.

Q. Will the Dolphins make go after Kurt Warner next season?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A. I believe that is certainly a possibility. As long as Warner is healthy and his skills haven't eroded, I think the Dolphins will take a long look at him this offseason.

Q. Do you think that with Eli Manning possibly going early in the draft, that Miami would look at Phillip Rivers or Matt Schaub? Do you think these guys would make good NFL quarterbacks?
A. I think Phillip Rivers will make a better pro than Matt Schaub, though I would love for the Dolphins to figure out a way to get Manning. Wouldn't you?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/interactive/qalive/qalive.asp

Back
Top Bottom