Andy Cohen Q & A | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen Q & A

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
alshaw@smcm.edu 12/23/2003
Q: Mr. Cohen, I actually think the Dolphins might want to hold on to Wannstedt another year and try to upgrade the offense. What do you think of QB J.P. Losman as a Dolphins first rounder?

A: If I were the Dolphins, I would take a quarterback with their first round pick. If I could, I would trade up to get a top 15 pick. Did anybody see Phillip Rivers of North Carolina State? I think he'd look great in a Dolphins uniform. He can throw, he can run and he obviously has great leadership qualities.

Full Text

Excellent article Muck. And I agree with Andy and have said as much. We need an OFFENSIVE coach. Someone like a Charlie Wies. I think he's an excellent candidate and is doing the most with the least on his team. Does anyone know or has anyone heard whether he'll leave NE for another team? Does he even want a hc position?

Originally posted by njfinfan
Excellent article Muck. And I agree with Andy and have said as much. We need an OFFENSIVE coach. Someone like a Charlie Wies. I think he's an excellent candidate and is doing the most with the least on his team. Does anyone know or has anyone heard whether he'll leave NE for another team? Does he even want a hc position?

He'd leave for a head coaching position. He almost died following having surgery to lose weight so he'd look more attractive as a HC prospect.

Very good article. Seems like Dave, Norv and Jay will be in their last game as a Dolphin on Sunday. I cant quite say Im sad to hear that. As for a coach Im not really sure about Charlie Wies. The Pats arnt exactly an offensive juggernaut. I would like to see Al Saunder of KC but there is rumor that he will stay until Vermiel retires and then take over the Cheifs.

As for QB even tho Brunell is old I still think I would take him over Warner. Warner needs speedy recievers and alot of time in the pocket, the Dolphins cant offer him either. Brunell has the mobility to escape the pocket when it breaks down...and it will. Brunell with 2 knee braces is still more mobile than Warner.

I would hate to see O-Gun go but if it will bring us a Rivers or Manning caliber QB then so be it. Taylor will be double teamed so much anyone on the other side should do well.

Yes, but the article doesn't say that Jay is going to be gone. Just that he's going to lose his starting job. I, for one, would like to clean house. What about Griese? Is he definitely gone because of salary cap issues (as well as other issues)?

we should part ways with griese and if at all try for couch or warner. there was a great piece on kurt warner today on the espn news channell check it out if you have that channell.kurt is not washed up like alot of pepole think.

A: If I were the Dolphins, I would take a quarterback with their first round pick. If I could, I would trade up to get a top 15 pick. Did anybody see Phillip Rivers of North Carolina State? I think he'd look great in a Dolphins uniform. He can throw, he can run and he obviously has great leadership qualities

Phillip Rivers is worth a fifth rounder at best.

Originally posted by ZOD

Phillip Rivers is worth a fifth rounder at best.

:lol:

I don't like Rivers either.

People on here only got excited about him, because he's a QB. They do it every time they see a QB available play good. He's the 4th-5th QB in this draft.

Anyways, I like what he had to say about Dennis Green. :D

Hell.....

I don't even think Phillip Rivers is worth a draft pick.

I do not think that Rivers can play in the NFL.....I would have loved to see him play against Antrell Rolle, Alfonso Marshall, Mo Sikes, and Sean Taylor (all to be NFL players drafted in the first 4 rounds)...My guess: 24 out of 49, 220 yards 1 TD 4 INTS.

Originally posted by Section126
I do not think that Rivers can play in the NFL.....I would have loved to see him play against Antrell Rolle, Alfonso Marshall, Mo Sikes, and Sean Taylor (all to be NFL players drafted in the first 4 rounds)...My guess: 24 out of 49, 220 yards 1 TD 4 INTS.
Its hard for alot of QB's to throw against the Canes DBs, that doesnt mean they will flop in the NFL. I think Rivers is a smart player, good poise in the pocket, strong arm and acurate. I watched him alot this year and was pretty impressed. Especially when he took NC State into Double OT against the defending National Champion OSU Buckeyes.

Boy that Aaron Rodgers kid at Cal really arrived tonight. He's got that Ken Dorsey quality. Unflappable. Only a sophomore.

We'll see about Rivers. Somebody will draft him.

Kiper was talking about Rivers last week. Was comparing him to Kosar and saying he's the most intelligent of the QBs in the draft. Projected him to go in the latter part of the 1st rd.

Rick Speilman also spoke about him (there was a little blurb yesterday in the Post).

Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman recently scouted North Carolina State quarterback Philip Rivers. "Pretty good player if you can deal with his unorthodox style," Spielman said. "It's a sidearm, but he is almost 6-foot-5."

Back
Top Bottom