Andy Dalton and the NE Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Dalton and the NE Patriots

Not sure why everybody is laughing. The Patriots system is extremely QB friendly. Almost any QB could somewhat be successful in that system. The grade of success depends on the accuracy on the short and medium routes. If Brady would leave the Pats the Patriots probably could do much worse than Dalton.

I think would many are predicting is that Brady wouldn't be the only key piece leaving. They'r going to lose a few of those defensive players and some of those OL guys looking to get paid. Additionally, who knows about Edleman? Moreover, that offense isn't the same without Gronk.

While the system maybe the same, you can't expect with all the turnover that's likely to happen this is going to be the same Patriots going forward.

They aren't going to be automatic locks for the Division going forward or even playoff berth.

I think would many are predicting is that Brady wouldn't be the only key piece leaving. They'r going to lose a few of those defensive players and some of those OL guys looking to get paid. Additionally, who knows about Edleman? Moreover, that offense isn't the same without Gronk.

While the system maybe the same, you can't expect with all the turnover that's likely to happen this is going to be the same Patriots going forward.

They aren't going to be automatic locks for the Division going forward or even playoff berth.
Definitely not.
And the missing TE was a big thing this year. They went from the Watsons and the Bennetts to the Hernandez and the Gronkowskis to nada.
I could see them splurge for a TE and (if Brady indeed would leave) a QB this FA.

Definitely not.
And the missing TE was a big thing this year. They went from the Watsons and the Bennetts to the Hernandez and the Gronkowskis to nada.
I could see them splurge for a TE and (if Brady indeed would leave) a QB this FA.

On paper I don't think it is crazy to say, assuming big changes in NE, the division is going to be the Bill's to lose.

On paper I don't think it is crazy to say, assuming big changes in NE, the division is going to be the Bill's to lose.
Honestly. At this point the Bills might look more like a one-and-done team like so many teams in the East before them (incl the Bills a few years back).
The step from an 8-8 to 10-6 team to an 11-5 or 12-4 team or better is much harder than going from 6 losses or less to an 8-8 to 10-6 team. You really enter the area of fine tuning with the right talent.
I always said that our 6-10 to 10-6 records were never the problem. The problem was our FO and HCs who were incompetent to add the right talent to move forward.

Can the Bills do it? I am not so sure yet. They have to beat the Pats at least once a year (which they failed to do so this year) and they probably have to content with a much improved Dolphins team. And as crappy as the Patriots looked this year they still had a 12-4 record and a 5-1 division record.

Barring any major offseason changes I still think the division is NEs to lose. Dolphins will be the up and coming team, the Bills may or may not challenge the Patriots and the Jets will be cruising along below everybody else.

Not sure why everybody is laughing. The Patriots system is extremely QB friendly. Almost any QB could somewhat be successful in that system. The grade of success depends on the accuracy on the short and medium routes. If Brady would leave the Pats the Patriots probably could do much worse than Dalton.
I've not heard the pats O is QB friendly. I've always heard it's complex.

Just because it is QB friendly doesn't mean it is not complex. They are not mutually exclusive.
Can you help me understand what you mean by QB friendly if complexity is not a factor?

Can you help me understand what you mean by QB friendly if complexity is not a factor?
Well, for one it is complex from a route running point. Receivers, TEs and RB have to run crisp routes often crossing the routes which gives a QB with time multiple targets. Under pressure the QB almost always has an open receiver near by.

Well, for one it is complex from a route running point. Receivers, TEs and RB have to run crisp routes often crossing the routes which gives a QB with time multiple targets. Under pressure the QB almost always has an open receiver near by.
I agree that the pats illegal wr picks that are never called very qb friendly

They could do worse for a short term fix. For all the circlejerking over the Patriots drafting QBs they’ll be caught with their pants down if Brady does leave this year.

I have a hard time believing that Brady leaves the Pats hanging. They have nobody behind Brady.

If Brady leaves, you best believe the Pats will trade picks to move up and get a QB. Or, make a strong run for Dalton or Bridgewater, maybe Newton or Manning. Umm, or even Mariota or Minshew lol.

Why not, better than Stidham.

Honestly. At this point the Bills might look more like a one-and-done team like so many teams in the East before them (incl the Bills a few years back).
The step from an 8-8 to 10-6 team to an 11-5 or 12-4 team or better is much harder than going from 6 losses or less to an 8-8 to 10-6 team. You really enter the area of fine tuning with the right talent.
I always said that our 6-10 to 10-6 records were never the problem. The problem was our FO and HCs who were incompetent to add the right talent to move forward.

Can the Bills do it? I am not so sure yet. They have to beat the Pats at least once a year (which they failed to do so this year) and they probably have to content with a much improved Dolphins team. And as crappy as the Patriots looked this year they still had a 12-4 record and a 5-1 division record.

Barring any major offseason changes I still think the division is NEs to lose. Dolphins will be the up and coming team, the Bills may or may not challenge the Patriots and the Jets will be cruising along below everybody else.

I totally agree especially if Brady returns. There has been no bigger Father to Son relationship in NFL history than the one Tom Brady has with the Buffalo Bills. They’ve literally beaten the Bray led Pats like 2 times in 20 years (QB’s were Bledsoe and Ryan Fitzpatrick). Until they beat NE I’m a non believer in them taking the next step period. I also have no confidence in their QB. He may lead game winning drives against the scrub teams, good for him, let’s see it against the big boys.

Andy Dalton is a veteran who has seen it all he will pick up NE’s system. Furthermore if McDaniels and Brady leave maybe it’s a different system?

Back
Top Bottom