Reaction score
Injuries suck....

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3185038

Everret, Poole and now Joppru

-----------------------------
Knee mishap floors Joppru
Injury-plagued TE drops during non-contact drill; MRI set for today

THE PAINFUL TRUTH

Bennie Joppru, a second-round draft pick from Michigan in 2003, has yet to play his first pro game:
• Pelvic hernia: Goes on IR Aug. 31; out entire season.
• Pelvic hernia: Lingering groin woes force return to IR.
• Possible torn ACL in right knee: MRI exam today.

Until about 25 minutes remained in the first of a series of on-field coaching sessions, Bennie Joppru had run, cut and caught with great consistency.

For one of the few times in his brief and oft-interrupted pro career, the Texans tight end was going about his business on Monday as just another one of the guys.

Then, in an unfortunately familiar scene, something went terribly wrong.

Attempting to make a cut in the middle of the outdoor grass field, Joppru tumbled to the ground and clutched his right knee. He tried to get up, but thought better of it and immediately was surrounded by trainers. Within minutes, Joppru had been helped off the field and loaded onto a cart, quite possibly the victim of a third season-ending injury in as many years.

This guy sounds like a Yatil Green, Jr. Better cut their losses and move on.

he is an unlucky SOB.

I traded for him in the GM league as well... he is a good TE... oh well.

I can only imagine the agony and defeatist feeling of having a season-ending injury and be out for the 3rd straight year rehabbing.

Sounds like Charles Rogers. that sucks.

Kevin Everett tore his ACL? I didn't hear about that.

Justasportsfan said:
On the very first day of camp :cry:
Ouch. He is a very good player. The world just doesnt know it yet. I though he was going to be a steal for you guys.

TC hasnt even started yet and there are 3 players that already has an ACL injury.

sports24/7 said:
Ouch. He is a very good player. The world just doesnt know it yet. I though he was going to be a steal for you guys.
he will be....next year :cry:

Back
Top Bottom