Another "all passing" preseason game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another "all passing" preseason game

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
It seems clear that we are using preseason mainly to pick a starting QB. Last season we were a exact 50/50 running and passing the ball. But this preseason we have passed 50-55 times a game.

This is one reason that I'm not too worried about our offense yet. The defense knows we are going to pass almost all the time.

I expect us to run a lot more once the season starts.

It seems clear that we are using preseason mainly to pick a starting QB. Last season we were a exact 50/50 running and passing the ball. But this preseason we have passed 50-55 times a game.

This is one reason that I'm not too worried about our offense yet. The defense knows we are going to pass almost all the time.

I expect us to run a lot more once the season starts.

I seriously HOPE we run a lot more once the season starts.

we better lineup in some running formations if we plan on running the ball. This west coast zone running style aint working. It works in greenbay because there oline seems to be alot better than ours and more experienced, our oline seems to be draggin ass out there on run plays, the running backs are barely making it to the line of scrimagge.

I'm fine with it. Whether or not we win these games is secondary. QB and receivers are the big question marks. We know who are RBs are. No reason to have them take a beating in meaningless games. I do hope that the coaching staff has a grip on the zone blocking schemes and we'll see them executed properly when things count. Because right now that **** looks dire.

yeah, well I can buy that we're giving moore and tannehill a chance to show they want they job (earn it etc) however what i'm seeing on the right side of the line, I don't know if martin is as ready as the reports have said. As to the defense assuming it was vanilla, we're going to have to blitz alot to get any type of pressure, and last night I dont' think dansby and burnett make that big of a difference. OUr D looks to be in trouble.

Our oline now has a slender finesse rookie RT that is being over whelmed, and a LT and LG that is better suited for a power running scheme.
We are so focused on passing and finessing, I am afraid the oline(and consequently the DLine) is losing their toughness.
This team needs to focus on ball striping, run blocking, and tackling for the next 2 weeks. There isn't enough time in a preseason to install this WCO switching from mamby pamby pass blocking schemes(struggling because of lack of WR talent) and back to power running blocking scheme to move the chains with these players. The coaches are starting to realize this open the game with a pro set offense.
IMHO...We are currently staffed to be a power running, pro set offense. We have terrible receivers and only 1 TE. The WCO will have to be reduced to packages until this team can stop falling over itself.

Back
Top Bottom