Another Day = Another Mock...Can't...Stop...The...Madness... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Day = Another Mock...Can't...Stop...The...Madness...

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
If we do not land Quinn:

009 - Levi Brown (OT - Penn St.)
040 - Dwayne Jarrett (WR - USC) or Sidney Rice (WR - South Carolina)
060 - Kevin Kolb (QB - Houston)
071 - Quentin Moses (DE/OLB - Georgia) or Ray McDonald (DE/DT - Florida)
108 - John Wendling (S - Wyoming)
181 - Ryan Smith (CB - Florida)
199 - Germaine Race (RB - Pittsburg St.)
219 - Elliot Vallejo (OT/OG - Cal-Davis)
238 - David Ball (WR - New Hampshire)

If we land Quinn:

006 - Brady Quinn (QB - Notre Dame) *
108 - Ryan Harris (OT - Notre Dame)
199 - Daren Stone (S - Maine)

* - Obtained via trade with the Washington Redskins (In exchange for picks 9 & 60)

------------------------

Either draft would make me :drool:

Oh, and here's what I think will happen if Quinn somehow falls to us at nine:

009 - Brady Quinn (QB - Notre Dame)
060 - Arron Sears (OT/OG - Tennessee) or Josh Beekman (OG - Boston College)

If we can take Quinn:

009 - QB Brady Quinn
040 - WR Sidney Rice
060 - OT/OG Arron Sears
071 - OT Tony Ugoh
108 - S John Wendling
181 - CB Michael Coe/ Fred Bennett
199 - DE Derek Landri
219 - OLB Dallas Sartz
238 - G Dan Santucci

If not.....trade down

If we do not land Quinn:

If we land Quinn:

* - Obtained via trade with the Washington Redskins (In exchange for picks 9 & 60)

------------------------

Really unrealistic. They are going to give far more priority to the OL and to guys who will start.

Forget about Moses. An underacheiver who has no chance to start unless their are injuries to Taylor and Holiday or Roth. No way man.

If we don't trade Chambers and Booker or either one, Jarrett would be #4 or #5. Not only that Mueller has been very clear about wanting speed. Not going to happen.

We haven;t shown interest in Levi Brown and rumor has it we aren't keen on him. Probably not.

Far more likely we trade down. A multitude of scenario's exist. I think one of the likely ones would involve Pittsburgh. We would give them the 9th so they could pick Willis and we get a 2nd and a fifth. Pittsburgh got two high comp picks this year and they don't have hardly any roster openings. They WILL be trading up with someone.

#15......Joe Staley..........LT
#40......Michael Griffin S
#46......Jonathan Wade....CB
#60......Samson Satele....C
#71......Doug Free...........OT
4th rd...Paul Soliai...........DT
5thrd....Yamon Figurs.......WR
6a........Chris Henry..........RB
6b........Jacob Ford..........DE
7a........Aaron Fairooz.......WR
7b.........Craig Dahl...........S

Undrafted rookie free agents:
1.Clifton Dawson RB
2.David Lofton S/LB
3.Jeff Smith QB

If we do not land Quinn:

If we land Quinn:

------------------------

I'd take any of your three drafts! I'm pretty confident Quinn will be ours. Detroit and Cleveland will pass due to better prospects to fill their needs and we'll trade up (if we believe it necessary) with AZ or Wash.

If we can take Quinn:

009 - QB Brady Quinn
040 - WR Sidney Rice
060 - OT/OG Arron Sears
071 - OT Tony Ugoh
108 - S John Wendling
181 - CB Michael Coe/ Fred Bennett
199 - DE Derek Landri
219 - OLB Dallas Sartz
238 - G Dan Santucci

If not.....trade down
I really like these top 4 picks. Fills need at every position on the Offensive side of the ball, with really good players.

I'd sooner want Posluzny than Patrick Willis, both are fast....but Poz always makes the tackle, great closing burst to the ball carrier, and above all maybe the best instincts of anyone in this draft on the defensive side of the ball.
Regardless, signing Joey Porter seems to point that offense will be addressed in the first round of the draft.
Dwayne Jarrett is just not physical enough for the NFL yet and should have stayed in school.... I think he will slip further down the board

I'd sooner want Posluzny than Patrick Willis, both are fast....but Poz always makes the tackle, great closing burst to the ball carrier, and above all maybe the best instincts of anyone in this draft on the defensive side of the ball.
Regardless, signing Joey Porter seems to point that offense will be addressed in the first round of the draft.
Dwayne Jarrett is just not physical enough for the NFL yet and should have stayed in school.... I think he will slip further down the board

Wow, Posluzny over Willis? Posluzny looks like he could be a solid starter in the NFL, but Willis looks like a perennial Pro-Bowler to me. I'm pretty sure that Willis lead the SEC in tackles for a few years so it would be hard to argue that Pos is better. I know Pos is the all-time leading tackler at "LB U" but Willis is bigger, faster and much more athletic than Pos is.

Poz is great, but definitely not over Willis. Not to take anything away from Poz and all but...Willis is just too explosive, a 4.38 in the 40, watch his game film highlights again, he is so explosive that its almost sick!!!

I really like these top 4 picks. Fills need at every position on the Offensive side of the ball, with really good players.

The only guy in that top 4 who has remote chance of actually being available at the slot indicated is Rice.
Quinn will long gone
The Ugoh thing is nuts, he's projected 1st round

I really like the Quinn draft, Moses will make somebody very happy.

Here's another scenario that I'd absolutely love, and it could happen if it's true that the Steelers are in love with Levi Brown (The Packers and Giants are also potential trade down partners if Adrian Peterson somehow falls to nine, or they highly covet Marshawn Lynch):

015 - Joe Staley (OT - Central Michigan) *
047 - Justin Blalock (OG - Texas) or Ryan Kalil (C - USC) or Arron Sears (OT/OG - Tennessee) *

* - Obtained via trade with the Pittsburgh Steelers (In exchange for the ninth overall pick in the draft)

-----

If Quinn is taken by Cleveland or Detroit, I'd love to see this scenario unfold more than any other.

Staley + Blalock + Vallejo = Nice injection of talent and youth along the OL

Moses + Wendling + Smith = Added youth, talent and depth to our aging defense. Perhaps a starter or two out of the three one to three years from now. Smith had eight interceptions, one of the highest totals in the nation, as one of the starting cornerbacks for the national champions last year. That's gotta count for something. He seems underrated and may fall to the sixth, which he's definitely worth. John Wendling has great speed for a safety, and is worth the gamble at the top of the fourth round IMO. At worst, he'd be a solid backup and special teams contributor. I love Moses' versatility, and could see him becoming a starter down the road.

I love producers, whether they produced at a big school or a small one, and I always love taking chances on productive small school guys late in the draft. Few people have put up better numbers than Germaine Race and David Ball the past couple of years. Sure, they were big fishes in a small pond, but it's very possible they could have been big fishes in the big pond had they been given the opportunity. At the very worst, we'd probably have two special team contributors. I see them becoming solid backups in a year or two, though. David Ball reminds me a lot of Orande Gadsden. I could see him possibly becoming a contributor as a third or fourth option at WR for years to come. Germaine Race could be a nice third option, change of pace running back...

Last but not least, I love Kolb and think he could turn out to be a solid starter in the future. He has all of the intangibles and everything in the measurable department you could ask for. The only thing he's missing is experience at the big level, but I'm not sure that's much of an issue. I think he's worth the pick we received for Welker. Check out this highlight video of him (Make sure to turn off the god-awful music, though):

[youtube]gLuxHKiTj9o[/youtube]

If Culpepper doesn't appear to be his former self over the next couple of months, I'd like to see us deal a 2008 conditional pick for Trent Green. I'd really like to see us draft a talented young guy for the future, and have a decent starter the next year or two in Culpepper and/or Green.

If we do not land Quinn:

Great pick!

I'd take Rice over Jarrett. But I'd take Stanton over both of them.

I'm taking Stanton instead of Kolb. And it seems like most scouts now prefer John Beck from BYU to Kolb, too.

Since I took Stanton at 40, I'm gonna pick C Samson Satele from Hawaii at 60. He's a better fit for our offense than Kalil actually. And Satele will start day 1.

Neither of these guys is an upgrade over Jason Taylor or Matt Roth, so why bother? How about WR Aundrae Allison from East Carolina? Fast. Big time playmaker. Returns punts, too. Allison would free up Chambers to move to the slot.

Wendling is a solid pick. But I like CB Courtney Brown from Cal Poly. He's raw. Unproven. But extremely fast and big. Brown is a riskier pick, but could end up being a major steal.

Since I just took Courtney Brown, I'm not taking Ryan Smith. Smith is projected to be nickel back. Brown could end up being a starter.

I like Jackie Battle here. He just wowed everybody with his Pro Day workout. And he's the power back needed in the Zampese offense. Battle is the perfect backup for Ronnie and Ricky. If Battle isn't available, then Chris Henry from Arizona would be a nice pick up.

You gotta love Race's production in college. But he's probably going to be an undrafted free agent. Why waste a draft pick?

Kasey Studdard over Vallejo every day of the week. Aside from Studdard (a 7th rounder who I predict will end up starting in the NFL) there are a bunch of guys rated higher than Vallejo...

OG Kyle Cook, Michigan St
OG Uche Nwaneri, Purdue
OG T.J. Downing, Ohio St
OT Steve Vallos, Wake Forest
OT Julius Wilson, UAB
OG Steve Rissler, Florida

Forget Ball. Too slow. The 7th round should be all about special teams. And SS Craig Dahl from North Dakota St is a special teams standout. I'm talking Pro Bowl caliber.

Back
Top Bottom