Another day, another mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another day, another mock

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, the trade with Dan Wilkinson was voided. But we still have eight picks.

Round 1 - CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh

Some people say we should go after safety LaRon Landry and move Jason Allen to corner. However, I think it would be better to draft a bigger need for the secondary. Enter Darrelle Revis, a cornerback with good speed and the ability to play man or zone. He also has some great instincts and knows how to play the ball.

Round 2a - QB Drew Stanton, Michigan State

Drew has an excellent arm and he is an all around athlete with a gunslinger mentality. Problem is, he is inconsistent at times and has had up and down games. But considering that we have Cam Cameron and Terry Shea within our ranks, he can develop into a great passer.

Round 2b - OT/OG Arron Sears, Tennessee

I would of put C Ryan Kalil here, but I highly doubt he lasts until the late rounds. So the next best thing is to draft Arron Sears. He is versatile and has intelligence and instincts. He will have to work on his run-blocking however.

Round 3 - DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley, Michigan

He can play either defensive end or outside linebacker. He can play the past or the run. Plus he also has a great motor. Plus he is a hardworker with a nasty demeanor on the field.

Round 4 - NT Paul Soliai, Utah

This guy is a big dude, and has great size to be a Nose Tackle. He is also dominated in the shrine game.

Round 6 - WR Mike Walker, UCF

He has a great speed and is willing and able to go over the middle and in traffic. He has great ball skills and a great leap.

Round 7a - CB Courtney Brown, Cal Poly

He has great speed and could add tremendous speed to ur CB corps.

Round 7b - TE Jake Nordin, Northern Illinois

A strong guy who could be a great blocking tight end.

I db in round ! is a solid choice but I really like adam carriker or amobe okoye from lousiville.If we moved Jason Allen to corner and drafted say merriweather from The Canes in round two we'd plug a big hole in our secondary plus in round one pick up a really good de/dt

I like it, but I'm not sure Sears and Woodley will be there at those spots. I would rather use our first 2nd on OL.

Frayser, when did we pick-up another 3rd? Other than that , I'd prefer Sears at 40 or maybe Free-OT at 3a.

Too much defense for my taste, I personally wanna see CAm come in and draft some offense. 75/25, offense/defense.

Since when does Aaron Sears have to work on his run-blocking? He runs over people in the phone booth.

Well, unfortunately, the trade with Dan Wilkinson was voided. But we still have eight picks.

Some people say we should go after safety LaRon Landry and move Jason Allen to corner. However, I think it would be better to draft a bigger need for the secondary. Enter Darrelle Revis, a cornerback with good speed and the ability to play man or zone. He also has some great instincts and knows how to play the ball.

Round 2a - QB Drew Stanton, Michigan State

Drew has an excellent arm and he is an all around athlete with a gunslinger mentality. Problem is, he is inconsistent at times and has had up and down games. But considering that we have Cam Cameron and Terry Shea within our ranks, he can develop into a great passer.

Round 2b - OT/OG Arron Sears, Tennessee

I would of put C Ryan Kalil here, but I highly doubt he lasts until the late rounds. So the next best thing is to draft Arron Sears. He is versatile and has intelligence and instincts. He will have to work on his run-blocking however.

He can play either defensive end or outside linebacker. He can play the past or the run. Plus he also has a great motor. Plus he is a hardworker with a nasty demeanor on the field.

This guy is a big dude, and has great size to be a Nose Tackle. He is also dominated in the shrine game.

He has a great speed and is willing and able to go over the middle and in traffic. He has great ball skills and a great leap.

Nice draft. That would make me happy. I would really love if the Phins could get Barbe though. This guy could possibly end up being the best LT out there this year.

GO PHINS~!

Round 2a - C Ryan Kalil

Round 2b - QB Drew Stanton, Michigan State

Minor adjustment :/.

If Kalil is there, then I think he is the pick. If he is not, I would rather have Ugoh over a guy like Sears (even though I like Sears) because Ugoh has greater upside at tackle.

Mark my words, Drew Stanton is at best going to be a career backup QB. The thought of taking him in the second rd makes me more nauseous than making love to Rosie O' Donnell. Sadly, he is remarkably consistent in being inconsistent. He reminds me of AJ Feely, minus AJ's immobility (Stanton has decent legs, but not good enough to overlook his bigger flaws***Cough cough Michael Vick cough cough***). But we'll see what happens, I'd have no problems at all if we drafted him and he proved me completely wrong. Damn it Drew, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG IF WE DRAFT YOU!!

Mark my words, Drew Stanton is at best going to be a career backup QB. The thought of taking him in the second rd makes me more nauseous than making love to Rosie O' Donnell. Sadly, he is remarkably consistent in being inconsistent. He reminds me of AJ Feely, minus AJ's immobility (Stanton has decent legs, but not good enough to overlook his bigger flaws***Cough cough Michael Vick cough cough***). But we'll see what happens, I'd have no problems at all if we drafted him and he proved me completely wrong. Damn it Drew, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG IF WE DRAFT YOU!!

To be fair, Drew Stanton has one thing over A.J.: Drew wasn't coached by Tedford.

Back
Top Bottom