Another free agency post, but from 20,000 feet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another free agency post, but from 20,000 feet

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
As of Sunday morning we have signed:
2 TEs
2 OLs
2 LBers
2 DLs + 1 edge
2 CBs + 1 DB
1 S
I did not count Bailey or Ahmed as they were with us last year.
The team has shown it signs (and likely needs to) multiple DBs, so three so far does not exclude drafting one.
If our OL was a weaker link - and we lost Hunt (and Williams?), Armstead plays half the season, Jones may be ok but not a pro bowler, and Eich may be an ok backup at the most - we still need at least one more, and maybe two more.
Who from this list can start?
Are there more FAs we should look at?
Are there more OL guys to sign?

We also lost Wynn and Lamm. Our Oline wasn't great last season, now we need to sign players just to get back there. I really hope they find a way to upgrade.

While you're way up there at 20,000 feet can you please open the dark water tank and dump all the poop on Omar's house? He ( amongst others) deserves a big blue space rock on his dome for pronouncing the Phins dead due to the "Capocalypse" . This team is nowhere near a complete product for the 2024 season yet, and, contrary to popular belief the Dolphins will continue to field a playoff caliber team with upside as it stands today.

If you are having a bad day, just remember that Joe Dirt dragged a meteorite  around

We also lost Wynn and Lamm. Our Oline wasn't great last season, now we need to sign players just to get back there. I really hope they find a way to upgrade.

Miami hasn’t “lost” either. Yet. They’re still FA. They didn’t sign Wynn last year until May.

I’d love to have both of them back.

Miami hasn’t “lost” either. Yet. They’re still FA. They didn’t sign Wynn last year until May.

I’d love to have both of them back.
Sorry, they aren't currently on the team and they were part of the team last season.

A cheap receiver to challenge for that #3 spot is possible. OBJ and Michael Thomas are out there. But maybe Miami goes draft instead.

I think one of Eichenberg or Jones will likely be starting at guard. The other will be a high draft pick, probably 1st round.

It's also hard to think that Miami is done at DT, but that could be the case.

There's not a lot of good bargain OL FAs out there right now. Total shortage of OL talent all over the league. The good ones aren't hitting free agency or are getting massive contracts. Hunt's real good and I wish we could've kept him, but is he worth $100 mil?

Having said all that, I hope the Fins can re-sign Wynn. He was looking real solid when he went down with that quad tear.

Still pounding the table for OL in the draft.

There's not a lot of good bargain OL FAs out there right now. Total shortage of OL talent all over the league. The good ones aren't hitting free agency or are getting massive contracts. Hunt's real good and I wish we could've kept him, but is he worth $100 mil?

Having said all that, I hope the Fins can re-sign Wynn. He was looking real solid when he went down with that quad tear.

Still pounding the table for OL in the draft.
I would be pretty shocked if Grier hasn't looked into Zeitler or some other lineman, the price tag has got to be too high at the moment.

For that reason, I also hope the Dolphins go OL first round.

Back
Top Bottom