Another great indepth article on Boston....read up!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another great indepth article on Boston....read up!!!

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20030809-9999_1s9chargers.html

Boston acknowledges that he is an introvert who is set in his ways. His family and agent are trying to persuade him to open up more, to develop more ties with teammates and the community, but Boston says it's a slow process.

"I'm not a guy that's going to speak to everybody, say 'hi' to everybody every time I see them, even teammates," he said. "Some people do think that it's rude, or some people take that as he's an arrogant individual. But I'm not a big talker. I really don't say much to anybody. Most of the time I'm a little short; that's just how I am.

"It has nothing to do with being rude or not wanting to talk to them or not being willing to hang out with them off the field. Guys are like, 'Do you want to come over and hang out?' Nah, I've got other things to do."

That honesty rubs some folks the wrong way, but Boston shrugs it off. He visited only the Chargers during free agency, but he heard that some teams had made up their minds to back away from him because of perceived character issues.

"It doesn't bother me at all," Boston said. "In this league, it's all about the respect you get among your peers. If I go in the airport and I see Donovan McNabb or I see Champ Bailey, or someone that I have that much respect for and they respect me, to me, that's more important than if this team or that team doesn't want me to play for them. That doesn't matter, because I feel like I'm a good enough athlete to stand my ground."

Chargers strong safety Kwamie Lassiter played the past four seasons with Boston in Arizona, and he believes Boston has been miscast.

"David is his own person, and when it comes down to it he has everybody's back on this team," Lassiter said. "He's going to sell his soul to make a play and help this football team. And regardless of what you think of him, the guy's very smart; he's very intelligent. He's not just talking just to be talking. Whatever's going on with him, he took time to research it."

I have never seen a talent such as Boston so underappreciated in all my days. He spent last season being deemed, “the league’s most expensive decoy.†He suffered while playing in an offense in which the down field passing game never had a chance to succeed. I truly believe Drew Brees will develop into an excellent quarterback in this league, but his most glaring weakness is his inability to throw a consistent deep ball. Not to mention the offensive line kept onlyKelvin Garmon healthy all season, and he was the weakest pass protector of the five opening-day starters. So blame Boston all you want, but the fault should not fall on his shoulders.

Wow....sounds like he will do MUCH better here as our deep passing game rocks and our Oline is solid! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom