Another Logo Change...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Logo Change...?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
My brother said that he heard that another Miami Dolphins logo change is in the plans. He told me he heard the news in a local (Miami) radio sports show. Has anyone here heard the same? Curious.

shaking-dolphin.gif

An updated version melding the old and the new would be the best way

New sucks. We're all gonna end up in Chinese camps after WWIII with this "new" generation.

Keep your new. Give me when muscle cars were muscle cars & rock & roll was rock & roll.

... And I'm not even that old.

No matter how you look at it the current on is an embarrassment

As a matter of fact, there is no works logo in the league
I think if Miami blended the best from old-school, the Marino ERA, and current unis, it could be awesome.

The "Marino" logo looked the most like a Dolphin. But that Dolphin had a serious weight issue! Slim it down, use old-school colors and the striping from the current (less orange).

Helmet or no, not sure.

IMHO, that would be a winner.

The new one is an atrocity. It took a special type of fool to curve the dolphin against the downturn of the helmet, and monumental idiocy that nobody in higher position laughed it out of the room.

There's a reason virtually every logo at every level conforms to the helmet instead of lurching backward like Fred Sanford upon the big one.

Nobody else is that stupid, or desperate for change for the sake of change.

That logo looks like it was designed standalone without the helmet in mind. I wouldn't be shocked if that's exactly what happened. Situational influence often goes totally unnoticed.

A recent example is Italian biathlon uniforms. Last year they had a black design that included a very prominent white swatch that ran diagonally upward across the lower center. I'm sure that looked fine on a design table or on computer software. Meanwhile that swatch ran across the human crotch. It was immediately a huge topic on biathlon forums and embarrassment for the team. You couldn't watch a race without being distracted by that white swatch and how it spotlighted human body parts.

Fortunately the Italians were not stubborn. They got rid of the white swatch after one season.

The problem with the Dolphins is that mega corporations and very rich powerful men are reluctant to concede mistake. They pathetically view it as a sign of weakness. One reason I haven't had high hopes for the Dolphins recently is that I prioritize the big picture above details. Litmus tests. If you make that type of gross error on logo and uniforms there's no reason to believe you aren't overmatched by the league and making pivotal errors regarding personnel and otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom