Another "my 1st mock draft" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another "my 1st mock draft"

jwong

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
1. Ted Ginn Jr., WR - instant playmaker on offense, special teams, and who knows maybe even cb. The x-factor that teams will have account for on every play.

2a
. Brandon Meriweather, S - I was going to go cb here but with talks of Jason Allen seeing more time at cornerback I would love to get Meriweather here. Very versatile, having played fs, ss, lcb, rcb and nickle back at the U.

2b. Doug Free T or James Marten T - Tackle help for the lefts side of our line. Will hopefully challenge Alabi for LT.

3. Samson Satele C - With Satele at center this allows Rex to move back to guard to compete with LJ Shelton for starting right guard, while Liwienski and Toledo battle for the left guard spot.

4. John Beck QB - I know most of you are probably saying that I should have gone qb earlier and you're probably right. But this is the way my mock ended up.

I'm not crazy about Ginn Jr. at 9, but I could take it. Meriweather at 40 would be great, and I am crossing my fingers that he slips out of the 1st round. Love Doug Free. I'm not sold on Satele as I think he may be a better fit in a zone scheme, and I am beginning to wonder whether Beck will last to the 4th. He has been moving up a lot lately. I even saw him taken in the late 2nd (third QB taken after Edwards).

But I would be pretty happy with that draft.

Neither Ginn Jr. or Nelson will be there at 40. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Neither Ginn Jr. or Nelson will be there at 40. I can pretty much guarantee that.

i'd give ginn a very very very slight chance to fall to the second because of his ankle issues, but he would get snapped up before we pick.

i'd give ginn a very very very slight chance to fall to the second because of his ankle issues, but he would get snapped up before we pick.

Had Devin Hester not had the year he had last year, I might think the same thing. But KR/PRs are all the rage right now so someone will take a chance on him before Round 2.

Love it, seriously, absolutely love it

by the way, Satele seems much better for our scheme than the current fan favorite at center, Kalil, who might be better at zone.

Love it, seriously, absolutely love it

by the way, Satele seems much better for our scheme than the current fan favorite at center, Kalil, who might be better at zone.

Thanks

1. Ted Ginn Jr., WR - instant playmaker on offense, special teams, and who knows maybe even cb. The x-factor that teams will have account for on every play.

2a. Brandon Meriweather, S - I was going to go cb here but with talks of Jason Allen seeing more time at cornerback I would love to get Meriweather here. Very versatile, having played fs, ss, lcb, rcb and nickle back at the U.

2b. Doug Free T or James Marten T - Tackle help for the lefts side of our line. Will hopefully challenge Alabi for LT.

3. Samson Satele C - With Satele at center this allows Rex to move back to guard to compete with LJ Shelton for starting right guard, while Liwienski and Toledo battle for the left guard spot.

4. John Beck QB - I know most of you are probably saying that I should have gone qb earlier and you're probably right. But this is the way my mock ended up.

That would be an excellent first 4 rounds. I don't really want Ginn at 9, but you've done a great job addressing the other positions of need with the later picks so I could settle for that. I might go with Smith, Kolb, Stanton or Edwards in the 4th rather than Beck (if they are available), but I'm just hoping that the Phins talent evaluators get it right no matter which QB that draft.

Good job.

I'm hoping they get it right also...we desperately need to come up big this draft

i hope we get beck if not quinn. he is the best other than JR, BQ IMO. but he might go a little sooner

Back
Top Bottom