Another Ricky Thread..Agent says he will return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Ricky Thread..Agent says he will return

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The agent for Ricky Williams said Friday the retired running back "absolutely" will report to Dolphins training camp in July.
"Ricky's made the decision he wants to play again," Leigh Steinberg said.

Asked when Williams can be expected to make a final decision about returning to the Dolphins, Steinberg said: "He has. He's expressed his desire to play this year."
"He just returned from a respected yoga teaching center in India," said Steinberg, who added that Williams is now a certified yoga instructor. "That is a very strenuous physical discipline which fortunately allowed him to keep in shape. But since he's been back in California, he has been working out."
A source said Williams is considering challenging the four-game suspension.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/05/21/a1b_ricky_0521.html

Hadn't seen this posted yet.

popularwar said:
Can he challenge the suspension?
I mean, I know he can challenge it but is there any chance that he would win?

I doubt that he will even do such. Even if Ricky didnt try it, he wont win. Rules are rules and Ricky will have to take the punishment.

TokyoFishFan said:
So...what happens to the $8.6M he owes when he returns?

I'm pretty sure it will be excused, and he'll just re-do a vet min. contract

Interesting blurb from The Mercury Times:
Williams' return doubtful

Dolphins coach Nick Saban, by all accounts, is a smart man. He clearly knows the machinations that went on behind the scenes to come up with the deal that would have allowed Ricky Williams back into the NFL late last season. And he clearly knows that once Williams thumbed his nose at all those man-hours of discussion and negotiation and decided to move to Australia for a while, it would be next to impossible for Williams to just waltz back into the league whenever the spirit moved him.

You never say never, but Williams' return to Paul Tagliabue's NFL any time soon is a long shot at best.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11706380.htm

Think this is just the writers opinion?

PhinDude88 said:
I doubt that he will even do such. Even if Ricky didnt try it, he wont win. Rules are rules and Ricky will have to take the punishment.

The NFL bent over backwards to help him out last year, and he refused. It very well may be that they'd like something from him (like detailed information on testing evasion) that he could barter for an excused suspension. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom