Anquan Boldin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
31 teams passed up on this guy in the draft. I personally was hoping for him to be drafted by Miami even though we drafted Eddie Moore (Who I like and think he will start next year and would have started this year over Morlon If he did not get injured). This boy has 999 yards receiving, and will break 1000 this week. How many teams are regretting that they didn't draft him now? I would have preferred Boldin over Moore...but oh well can't change it now. I just hope Boldin gets over 1000 yards and has a good last quarter of the season.

Moore was losing the training camp battle anyway. Morlon won it before Moore got injured. It was a crap pick all the way. Calico or Boldin would have done great for us, or maybe a safety like Doss.

He's good but I doubt he'd put up nearly those numbers in anyone else's offense. He is the main guy on offense. Anywhere else he'd have been a 3rd receiver instead of the go to guy.

Originally posted by SMadison29
He's good but I doubt he'd put up nearly those numbers in anyone else's offense. He is the main guy on offense. Anywhere else he'd have been a 3rd receiver instead of the go to guy.

He's a rookie and was chosen 54th pick overall, and with his numbers you doubt him? Damn you got some high standards. The guy is PROVING he will DEVELOP into a pro-bowler, and by far he will win rookie of the year. And let me get this straight, you think he's shining because he's in a bad offense? So if he was in a great offense lets say with a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, you think he would perform bad? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan02

He's a rookie and was chosen 54th pick overall, and with his numbers you doubt him? Damn you got some high standards. The guy is PROVING he will DEVELOP into a pro-bowler, and by far he will win rookie of the year. And let me get this straight, you think he's shining because he's in a bad offense? So if he was in a great offense lets say with a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, you think he would perform bad? Makes no sense to me.

This is true, I mean Arizona passed up on him in the 1st round and drafted another WR who is not doing as well as Anquan. Boldin will develop into a Pro Bowler. Won't be surprised If he goes this year. He is unstoppable right now.

Top 7 receivers in yards and receptions right now through week 13:
player: - - - - - - - Yds - - Rec - - TDs
1. Torry Holt. . . . . . 1285 . . 84 . . . 10
2. Randy Moss . . . . 1079 . . 72 . . . 10
3. Anquan Boldin . . . .999 . . 66 . . . 6
4. Chad Johnson . . . 988 . . 65 . . . . 8
5. Lavernus Coles . . 880 . . 59 . . . . 4
6. Isaac Bruce . . . . . 858 . . 61 . . . . 2
7. Terrel Owens . . . .840 . . 61 . . . . 6

Forget developing, he already IS a PRO-BOWLER! Don't I love beating the dead horse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan02

I said nothing about skills because he has them, other than his ocassional drop. I said that he wouldn't have had the ability or chance to put up those kind of #s anywhere else because he'd have been buried on the depth chart. If he was on the Colts he'd have been the 3rd receiver & if here were on the Patriots the 4th or 5th like Bethel Johnson is/was.

I don't think so really. Players like that that impress as Boldin did start period on any other team other than a select few. He would easily be starting in Patsy land.

Exactly, I really wish our coaching staff would have drafted Anquan in the 2nd round...I really do, he is a solid player with speed and hands. Would be a great compliment opposite of CC. Unofrtunately we went with OLB...a position which was not needed but from what I hear the boy Moore is a playmaker..we'll see next year.

I'm going ot wait another year or 2 before I decide on him. He is a go to guy on a team with no WR's, and all they can do is pass with their little to no running game.

Talking about Anquan Boldin depresses me, because we had him on the phone and instead we took a LB who was going to be a backup and then got injured and is out for the year. :(

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Talking about Anquan Boldin depresses me, because we had him on the phone and instead we took a LB who was going to be a backup and then got injured and is out for the year. :(

Exactly how I feel. Boldin is a stud, and Moore is a dud. That is the way it is, at least for right now. Boldin and CC would be DEADLY.

Boldin is a great receiver and I wanted this guy the minute I saw him play at FSU. He is a Terrell Owens clone only without all the actions.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I'm going ot wait another year or 2 before I decide on him. He is a go to guy on a team with no WR's, and all they can do is pass with their little to no running game.

With Jeff Blake and Josh McCown passing to him? In double coverage (As a Nole fan, I know he got separation), with the help of a running game lik Shipp and Smith? They live off Boldin's success.

Back
Top Bottom