Answer to all QB questions! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Answer to all QB questions!

Personally, I think we should strap Marino to one of those ambulance stretchers, line up in the shotgun, let Ricky push him around on it, and see what happens.

Just a thought.

I think if we ever make it to the super bowl, we should cut someone and put Dan Marino on the 53-man roster as a backup punter or something. Basically, if we win a super bowl, he gets a ring but he won't have to do anything.... except take a knee on the last play of the game.

popularwar said:
I think if we ever make it to the super bowl, we should cut someone and put Dan Marino on the 53-man roster as a backup punter or something. Basically, if we win a super bowl, he gets a ring but he won't have to do anything.... except take a knee on the last play of the game.
If I were the coach of the Dolphins I'd do that... But I don't think Nick Saban is willing to give up one of those precious rost4er positions to fill an old man's dreams.

went back a long way to find this post :p

popularwar said:

If we still had Webb and Sims in their prime Marino could easily win a Super Bowl QB'ing the Dolphins now. Even at 43!

A Wing Pilot said:
he could hire him as a coach for the last game, coaches get rings too
Good point!

But I'm sure Marino's deal with the networks (unbiased opinions and such) would prevent him from doing this. :cry:

Being a true competitor I think that getting a gratuitous ring for taking a knee or honorary coaching or whatever would be an insult to Dan.

opfinistic said:
Being a true competitor I think that getting a gratuitous ring for taking a knee or honorary coaching or whatever would be an insult to Dan.
Exactly, Dan wouldn't want to get a ring that way, IMO.

opfinistic said:

Good point. Dan would never wear a ring he got that way. He won't even wear his 1984 AFC Champs ring because he says it's a "Loser's Ring".

Back
Top Bottom